Students admitted into the Master of Public Administration at the University of Southern Indiana must complete the following admission requirements:
- A completed USI Graduate Studies Application Form
- Completed MPA Personal Information Form
- A copy of your most recent résumé or curriculum vita
- References from two individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Official Transcript(s) from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended. All official transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar of the school attended to the USI Office of Graduate Studies. Applicants seeking to be admitted to the MPA program must hold an undergraduate degree (any major is acceptable) with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- International Students Only: Official results of the TOEFL (a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based version and a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based version).
Please send all official transcripts, USI Graduate Studies Application form, and the application fees to the Office of Graduate Studies.
Send all other program-specific admission materials directly to Whitley Draper, the MPA program administrative assistant.
You may download a copy of our Application Checklist.
Students who do meet the minimum requirements noted above, but have a GPA below 3.0 may but above 2.75 may seek conditional admission into the MPA program. Conditionally admitted students may take two graduate courses (six credit hours) at USI. If a grade of B or better is earned in each USI graduate course taken while you are classified as a conditionally admitted student and the instructors in these courses recommend that you be unconditionally admitted to the program, with the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies and the Director of the MPA Program, you will be unconditionally admitted to the Program.
Guest Student Status
Individuals may enroll in PA courses as a guest student. Guest students may take up to two graduate courses (6 credit hours) without being formally admitted to the MPA program. If a guest student is subsequently admitted to the MPA program, public administration courses successfully completed will count toward the degree requirements. It is important to note, however, that admission as a guest student and success in graduate courses does not guarantee admission to the MPA program.
Students seeking to enroll in PA courses as a guest student must submit a Guest Student application, undergraduate transcripts, and the one-time non-refundable $40 graduate application fee. In addition, admission must be approved by the Director of the MPA program and the Director of Graduate Admissions. The Director of the MPA program will not allow individuals with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 (on a four point scale) to enroll in PA courses as a special student. Admission as a guest student does not guarantee enrollment in PA courses. Guest students may enroll in PA courses only when enrollment caps have not been met and when students formally admitted (or expected to be formally admitted) to the MPA program have had an opportunity to enroll.