Unconditional admission into the Master of Arts in Second Language Acquisition, Policy, and Culture program will be contingent on the following factors:
- Admission to Graduate Studies.
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution. Although applicants do not need to hold an undergraduate degree in an area of languages, preference will be given to applicants with an educational background in languages or related academic or professional disciplines.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent).
- For international students, a score of at least 79 on the TOEFL iBT test or a score of at least 550 on the TOEFL PBT test.
Applicants not meeting the criteria for unconditional admittance may be conditionally admitted, if space is available. These applicants will receive preference on the basis of GPA and the quality of application materials.
Foreign students may complete an Intensive English course before being admitted to the graduate program.
To get started, complete the following:
- Submit an online application, $40 application fee, and contact information for three professional references.
- Upload an updated resume and personal statement to your application account.
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Applications are processed as they are received.
Conditionally admitted individuals can achieve unconditional status following 12 hours of coursework, if they hold a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All students admitted to the program failing to attain a graduate GPA of 3.0 after 12 credit hours will be academically dismissed from the program.