The Scripps Howard Center for Media Studies at the University of Southern Indiana represents one of the finest opportunities in mass communication education in the Midwest.
Made possible through a $200,000 grant from the Scripps Howard Foundation headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Center for Media Studies is a state-of-the-art learning facility equipped with the mass communication technologies used by industry professionals.
Additionally, the Center is the department's focal point for special activities ranging from professional journalism seminars to a place where high school media advisers can learn from one another. The Scripps Howard Center has become the nucleus for:
- Professionals in residence
- Social Media Symposium
- Roundtables on emerging news issues and trends
- Outreach programs for Tri-State high schools
- Publications workshops and practicums
- High School Media Day for Tri-State journalism students
The Scripps Howard Center for Media Studies is located in the lower level of the Liberal Arts Center.