Bachelor of Social Work
Our social work degree includes hundreds of hours of fieldwork... experiential learning!
Major Requirements | Minor Requirements | University Core 39 | Class Schedules
When it comes to social work, there's only so much you can learn in a classroom. USI's Bachelor of Social Work degree provides you with outstanding opportunities to get direct social work experience, laying a strong foundation for social work graduate degrees and careers.
In our BSW degree program you'll gain hundreds of hours of hands-on social work practice, serving local communities while working with social work agencies and nonprofits. USI's social work program offers multiple ways for you to gain practical social work experience, including:
- Two field placement experiences (or practicums) totaling more than 450 hours of hands-on experience with local, regional, national and international social work agencies.
- The Center for Social Justice Education (CSJE), a USI academic center that collaborates with social work organizations on education and research projects.
- USI's Global Social Work program, which allows you to participate in international social work projects.
- Partnerships with Evansville-area social work agencies focused on child welfare, addiction recovery, housing, family services and other social needs.
These social work opportunities build your confidence, your resume and your skill level—and give you big advantages after graduation. Students who've earned a social work degree at USI have excellent rates of job placement and social work graduate school admissions.
To learn more about the career-building opportunities in USI's social work degree program, contact USI Admission at 800-467-1965.
USI's social work degree emphasizes personal, face-to-face teaching.
USI offers an ideal environment for social work studies. A community-oriented university with small class sizes and supportive faculty, USI excels at face-to-face instruction and personal interaction. In our social work degree program, you will:
- Take every social work course from experienced faculty, never graduate students.
- Enjoy small class sizes in which all your classmates and professors know you by name.
- Have easy access to academic advisors, career counselors and other support services.
- Develop your personal network of social work professionals.
Optional Concentrations in Addictions Counseling or Child Welfare!
Social Work majors have the option to specialize in addictions counseling (summary sheet) or child welfare through The Child Welfare BSW Scholars Program.
The Nine Competencies of Social Work Practice | Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work programs at the University of Southern Indiana are fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. For more information, contact USI Admission at 800-467-1965.