Master of Public Administration
Currently Accepting Applications for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021!
Offered by the College of Liberal Arts at USI, the 100% online Master of Public Administration (MPA) provides high quality training to help students improve management-related job skills and performance, obtain leadership positions within their current organizations, or begin their career in a public or nonprofit organization.
These skills are developed through hands on projects with community members that foster leadership while doing good. Our graduates are prepared to meet the economic, social, and political challenges that face society.
Choose Your Area of Study:
Want to get a head start? We're offering a selection of courses in Summer of 2021!
Students of the MPA program have the potential to get credit for prior experience!
The Master of Public Administration Program at the University of Southern Indiana strives to meet the needs of current and future civic leaders and managers by providing students with the practical knowledge and professional and academic skills, rooted in a strong understanding of the theories of public administration, to become ethical, creative, and inspirational leaders in the public and non-profit sectors. Our graduates are prepared to meet the economic, social, and political challenges that face leading public sector institutions and non-profit organizations.
- Obtain knowledge of the theoretical and institutional foundations and the internal operations of the public and nonprofit sectors and how these sectors are shaped by their economic, social, and political environments.
- Master an understanding of how key concepts and theories in the field of public administration can be used to formulate applied solutions to problems associated with public and nonprofit administration.
- Acquire practical skills necessary for the management of public and non-profit organizations, such as grant writing, budgeting, public speaking, human resources management, organizational behavior, electronic communication, and report writing.
- Learn how to gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data (through data bases, web sites, printed material, and other information-based resources) and develop research skills that can be used to advance the knowledge and practice of public administration.
- Understand the ethical consequences of decisions made by managers and administrators in the public and nonprofit sectors.
The Nonprofit Excellence Symposium brings together professionals from local businesses and nonprofits for a half-day of workshops, presentations, idea sharing, and networking open to USI students and anyone who works in or is interested in the nonprofit sector.
Click below to learn more.
Students in the Master of Public Administration Program gain real life experience by working with community partners to develop projects that serve the community while developing skills that make a difference.
Click below to see a sampling of student projects that represent the work that our students create.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|