Fall 2023 Freshman and Transfer
Screaming Eagles Orientation
Students that are freshman or transfer students with less than 60 credit hours will complete Screaming Eagles Orientation in three parts.
Part A: New Student Pre-Orientation
Pre-orientation is an online orientation that will provide you the necessary information you need to prepare for your advising and course registration appointment, in-person orientation and processes that may happen prior to your orientation session. It will provide information on advising and registration, housing, meal plans, technology at USI, etc. We ask that you complete this prior to your advising and course registration appointment and before coming to the in-person orientation. You can access this through your Admitted Student Task List in myUSI beginning March 1, 2023.
Part B: Advising and Course Registration Appointment
All students will be advised and registered for courses prior to attending Screaming Eagles Orientation. Students will make a reservation for an appointment as they are reserving their date for orientation.
Advising appointments will begin April 10, 2023. At this appointment, you will develop a schedule for your first semester of classes. This appointment will be about 30-45 minutes and conducted on-campus or by Zoom. Prepare for this appointment by completing the following:
- Complete New Student Pre-Orientation (online).
- Submit transcripts for all college credit earned.
- Have information for all college credit currently enrolled, including AP credit, available at appointment.
- Complete all required placement tests.
- Freshman: Complete the Academic Information in the Admitted Student Task List.
Part C: Screaming Eagles Orientation (on-campus)
Screaming Eagles Orientation will provide an on-campus experience for new students and their
families. This one-day event will provide opportunities for you to:
- Learn information that will be important to you as you begin your academic career at USI.
- Learn more about specific areas of campus by attending the resource fair and information
- Participate in workshops to prepare you for college.
- Meet with an advisor to confirm course schedule.
- Meet with faculty from your college.
- Meet students, faculty and staff that will help USI feel like home.
- Visit campus offices, tour housing and campus facilities, get student ID and visit the Campus Store.
Students and families should plan to be on campus from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Central time). Lunch will be provided as part of the program. Students are limited to 2 guests.
Students and families are invited to stay overnight in USI residence halls the evening prior to their orientation session. Students can participate in the Night in the Nest program from 7-10 pm. Learn more here.
(Reservations for orientation will be available beginning in March 2023. Dates will close when full.)
To register for Screaming Eagles Orientation, follow these steps: