Meeting & Workshop Materials
- Student does not register for courses in myUSI.
After successfully completing the online CAP Application, student receives an email with a link to select courses (www.usi.edu/cap/courseselection). If you want to help students by selecting courses during class, you can use this link but stress that they must submit the application too.
- You should provide each CAP student with the 16-17 Student Enrollment Brochure. Students should take the brochure home and complete the permission form with a parent/guardian. The Student Permission Form or SPF (on page 2 of the brochure) must be returned to the CAP instructor or a guidance counselor to be sent to USI. Students who do not submit a signed SPF will not be enrolled for college credit.
- Enrollment Flowchart outlining application process.
- Screenshots of the application process.
- Updated enrollment criteria for courses with prerequisites reflecting new SAT scores
- Per IC 21-43-4-15, students who were previously in CAP must have attained a USI grade of C or better to enroll in further coursework in the same subject area (i.e. English 101 and English 105).
- Advising information and directions on how to look up transferability/utility in major.
- College-specific advisors are available to answer questions via email and phone, for students who plan to attend USI after high school graduation; an advisor will join CAP staff for student presentations at the schools.
- CAP Core 39 Advising Guide for USI-bound students (Core 39 is USI's general education curriculum)
"Practice is Powerful: Teaching Students How to "Do" College via Concurrent Enrollment", by Dr. Melinda Karp, speaker at the October 2013 NACEP Conference. This presentation outlines the jarring experience of transitioning from high school to college.