Drop My CAP Course
There could be a variety of reasons, including:
- The course will not transfer to the student's intended university
- The course is not needed for the student's intended major, or does not fit in the university's general education curriculum
- The student is doing poorly in the course and does not wish to have a bad letter grade on a college transcript
- The student transferred out of the CAP classroom or left the school
- Simply telling your teacher or counselor does not remove you from the CAP course.
- The CAP Office must submit a form signed by the student and instructor to the USI Registrar's Office to remove a student.
- Students who do not notify the CAP office will remain in the course in USI's system and may receive a letter grade if not removed appropriately.
While it is preferred that the student notify CAP directly, we often rely on the instructor or guidance counselor to assist with the process.
- The student, instructor or counselor completes the Drop Request Form. If the form is unavailable, please email email@example.com with the student name, student email, the name of the course to be dropped, and the instructor name.
- The CAP office receives the drop request and creates a drop form.
- The drop form is emailed to the student with the student's counselor and instructor (when applicable) copied.
- The student prints and signs the form then takes it to the instructor for a signature.
- Once the form is signed, the student should email it back to the CAP office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can take a picture of the form with their phone and email it if needed, or take the form to their counselor for assistance with scanning and emailing it back.
It depends. The student should reference the current Refund Calendar to check whether they will be issued a full or partial refund. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch do not owe tuition for CAP courses as long as the CAP Office was notified of that status. If you receive a bill and are on free or reduced lunch, please email email@example.com or call 812-228-5022.