NEW - The Essentials of Project Management program was created to meet the needs of the project management field by preparing individuals interested in project management to apply foundational project management concepts in a hands-on manner. This instructor-led version of the program offers students the opportunity to review the content presented in the text and web-based study tools in a cohort-based setting. This Instructor Resource Book provides instructors with the information they need to be effective facilitators.
This course is designed for persons whom:
• Have never done project management but have become responsible for projects and need to know how to do the job well
• Need a foundational knowledge of project management concepts as an enabler for working on a project team (e.g., engineers, procurement specialists, project controls, QA)
• Desire professional development in the area of project management, to be more effective professionals and progress their career path.
By taking this class, students will:
• Gain foundational project management knowledge from reading and presentations
• Apply their knowledge through case study activities, some of which are assessed
• Acquire tools such as templates and worksheets that can be used in their day to day jobs
• Discuss with other students how to approach difficult situations
• Reflect on their progress and assess their knowledge gain
• Evaluate their understanding thorough online quizzes
• Access valuable reference materials in the robust Resource Center containing links to videos, articles, blogs, templates, books and reviews.
This course addresses the following soft skills: leadership, communication, confidence, problem solving, decision making, planning, organizing and prioritizing.
ERROR: If you are seeing this message, you have reached an error. Try using an internet browser other than Internet Explorer (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari). If you have tried a different browser and are still seeing this message, please call us at 812-464-1989.
Share this course with a friend:
A new way to register online:
Once you find a course, click register, add to cart and complete your purchase. It is important that you create your new account if you haven't taken a course since December 2017. If possible, please navigate using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
Where and When You Want Training
For the convenience of Evansville professionals, most business and professional development courses will be held in the evening at Innovation Pointe, 318 Main Street, downtown Evansville. Each course will have specific date, time and location listed.