What Does Service-Learning Do?
The Service Learning Program provides consultation and support to help faculty, staff, students, and community partners plan and execute effective service-learning projects. In addition it:
- Identifies community needs that can be addressed through service-learning.
- Supports the integration of service-learning across the curriculum.
- Builds long-term relationships between the university and community.
- Offers faculty development opportunities related to service-learning.
- Recognizes and rewards significant service-learning work.
- Identifies, helps develop, and promotes service-learning courses.
- Encourages student participation and coordinates the assessment of student learning.