US Army - NEW ArmyIgnitED
When looking to take advantage of military tuition assistance, the first step is always to connect with your education service officer (ESO) from your branch of service and get approval from your command. They will have updated information on the process for your specific branch of service.
Further details on the provisions of TA are found in AR 621-5 and policy documents signed by the Director, Army Continuing Education System.
For the most current information regarding the policies for the US Army Federal Tuition Assistance Program, please visit: https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_tuition_assistance_policies.aspx
(Please read carefully and select the video link below)
To continue to use FTA, all Soldiers MUST create a Soldier account in ArmyIgnitED by going to www.armyignited.com and selecting “Get Started.” Soldiers training videos are available here: https://armyignited.com/trainings/student/story_html5.html
Please note these important tuition assistance timelines:
- FTA cannot be awarded if submitted after the class start date (AR 621-5).
- FTA can be requested as early as 60 days prior to the class start date.
- FTA requests SHOULD be submitted NO LATER THAN 10 days before the class start date.
Video Update on NEW ArmyIgnitED system:
Education Services Specialist
National Guard Bureau
Indiana Army National Guard
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Additional number: 317-247-3300 x77020
Guidance for EIs on the Reinstatement of Exception to Policy (ETP) TA Funding
- For classes that start 23 April 2021 and later, HQ ACCESS is reinstating exception to policy (ETP) Tuition Assistance (TA) funding. Soldiers should enroll in these classes directly with their Educational Institution.
- To ensure that there is no gap in TA funding, Soldiers whose classes start on 8 March 2021 and later will be provided ETP TA funding if TA eligible (e.g., not Flagged, have TA remaining for FY). As such, no gap exists in a TA-eligible Soldier’s ability to enroll in classes under this ETP.
- When the TA program is back online in ArmyIgnitED, Soldiers should follow the guidance provided in previous messages from HQ ACCESS to request ETP TA for classes beginning 8 March 2021 and later.
- Once the TA program is active in ArmyIgnitED and Soldiers are able to submit TA Requests into the system, HQ ACCESS will suspend the ETP TA process. More information will be provided as we move forward. HQ ACCESS will message Education Institutions (EI) and Soldiers when ArmyIgnitED can process enrollments and when the ETP TA process has been discontinued.
- HQ ACCESS requests that EIs continue to submit a consolidated list of all Soldier enrollments (Excel spreadsheets preferred) for TA classes that start 8 March 2021 and later. Please provide these lists as enrollment period passes for class start dates (this is for accountability purposes). Lists should be sent to the HQ ACCESS main box at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information:
- EI name
- EI Point of Contact(s)
- EI OPEID number (If you do not know the OPEID number, please contact the Army School Support Team)
- Soldier’s full name (first, middle, and last) and rank, if known
- Soldier’s School ID Number
- Class catalog acronym/number, class name
- Class semester/credit hours
- Class start and end dates
- Total class cost (tuition only, no fees)
- HQ ACCESS is actively working on processes to pay all past invoices. We will keep you updated on our progress and appreciate your patience.
- EI with questions about the ETP TA process should contact the Army School Support Team or submit an ArmyIgnitED helpdesk case AFTER the TA program is active in ArmyIgnitED.