The Nobody Series
by RopeWalk Press
AWP POSTCARD CONTEST
To gear up for AWP in Seattle, RopeWalk Press is launching a new contest about the way so many of us feel amid that literary throng. In a nod to Emily Dickinson:
yes, we are Nobodies, too.
But at AWP ’14 in Seattle? RopeWalk Press wants to make you famous.
Write a short-short story destined for immediate celebrity.
The Winning Nobody’s story will be printed beautifully across the front of an artfully composed postcard displayed and for sale among other fine postcards of all RopeWalk Press fiction covers.
The Winning Nobody will receive:
- postcard publication;
- a signing at the RopeWalk Press Book Fair table where you will entertain your own personal throng of fans;
- 10 copies of your postcard;
- a $25 gift certificate to your favorite bookstore (you tell us) or if you rather, double that prize for $50 in RopeWalk Press titles (you pick the titles).
- Postmark deadline: December 1, 2013.
- Word limit: 350
- Entry fee: $5 ($1 each additional manuscript submitted at the same time).
- Manuscript specifics: Blind, double-space, and title your story.
- Simultaneous and previously published submissions are fine but kindly withdraw if the work is picked up mid-contest.
- Rights: RopeWalk Press takes serial rights for print and non-exclusive electronic rights to post the text and image on the RopeWalk Press website. All other rights remain with the author.
- Exclusions: RopeWalk Press contests are open to all entrants except RopeWalk Press staff and USIfaculty and staff.
Contest results will be announced via email to all entrants and via our Facebook Group before the new year!
program of the University of Southern Indiana
Copyright © 2015, RopeWalk Press