The Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee has established goals and initiatives to reach their goal of making Pott College a better and more comfortable for all.
Four main goals were established to bring equity, diversity, and inclusion to the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education. Along with these goals, initiatives were established.
Goal #1- Improve Student Access & Success by supporting the enrollment, retainment, and the graduation efforts of at-risk, diverse, and historically underrepresented populations into the Pott College.
1. Evaluate and analyze Pott College baseline demographics of at-risk, diverse, and historically underrepresented populations to determine future benchmarks and assess progress related to enrollment, progression, and graduation.
2. Gather Pott College recruitment initiatives.
3. Conduct and review research regarding campus climate and perceptions related to diversity and inclusion in order to incorporate findings into future objectives for this goal priority every year.
4. Develop a communication strategy on diversity and inclusion that includes all forms of media and communication formats for both internal and external efforts.
5. Collaborate and support the efforts of the Pott College Recruitment and Retention Council and Pott College Ambassadors.
6. Develop recruitment strategies targeting at-risk, diverse, and historically underrepresented populations through outreach programs.
Goal #2- Strengthen Faculty & Staff Hiring and Success by supporting initiatives that proactively attract, recruit, hire, and retain a diverse community of faculty and staff who have a voice in helping to shape the culture and inclusive excellence of the Pott College.
1. Evaluate and analyze baseline demographic information for underrepresented faculty and staff in order to determine future benchmarks and assess progress related to hiring.
2. Develop and implement a best practices/strategies in recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty/staff for the Pott College. This document will include preparation for the search, advertising, screening, interviewing, making recommendations, offering positions, and retaining diverse faculty.
3. Reevaluate the faculty mentoring program to develop mentorship initiatives that will help with retention.
Goal #3- Foster an Inclusive and Diverse Community in the Pott College by improving and sustaining a culture where students, faculty, staff, and alumni community partners, feel respected, supported and valued.
1. To offer an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Colloquium Series.
2. Work with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to promote programs that may foster an inclusive and diverse community.
Goal #4- Facilitate Diverse Campus and Community Engagement by seeking, developing, strengthening and sustaining relationships with diverse constituencies.
1. Gather information on all programs involving diverse campus and community engagement.
2. Offer a Diversity and Inclusion community engagement week.
3. Strengthen relationships with Alumni from underrepresented and minoritized groups.
For more information on the goals and initiatives