The University of Southern Indiana offers programs that lead to educator licensure in 20 areas. The cluster of all educator licensure programs is referred to as the Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) and is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
The Dean of the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education has primary responsibility for the EPP and oversees functions that cut across 10 departments and two colleges, with the Teacher Education Department as the hub.
The accreditation dashboard serves as an online tool for sharing data reflecting USI’s progress toward the goal of increasing the quantity and quality of educators serving P12 students in Indiana and beyond. The intent of the dashboard is to provide easy data access for stakeholders. Information is presented in the following five categories:
- Program Information – This section includes information about educator preparation programs such as accreditation/approvals, enrollment data, and completion data. (CAEP Annual Report Section 4.1)
- Completer Effectiveness – This section includes information about the impact of the completer such as, teacher effectiveness and impact on P12 student learning data. (CAEP Annual Report Section 4.2, Accountability Measure 1)
- Stakeholder Satisfaction – This section includes data from satisfaction surveys completed by completers at graduation, completers at licensure renewal, and employers. (CAEP Annual Report Section 4.2, Accountability Measure 2)
- Competency at Completion - This section includes licensure test data. (CAEP Annual Report Section 4.2, Accountability Measure 3)
- Completer Ability to be Hired – This section includes information about completers such as licensure rates and employment rates. (CAEP Annual Report Section 4.2, Accountability Measure 4)