You can take proactive measures to increase your personal safety and the safety of your property.
- Avoid walking alone
- Walk in well-lighted areas
- Walk well clear of areas of heavy foliage
- Be alert and aware of the surroundings
- Remove property from plain view
- Roll up car windows
- Remove keys
- Lock all doors
Personal Property Safety
- Secure valuables left in your apartment or vehicle
- Engrave all valuables through the Operation Identification program
- Write your driver’s license number in your books
- Lock the doors and windows to your apartment when you leave and when you are sleeping or are in the bathroom
- Lock your office when you leave
- Keep your purse, wallet, and other valuables in a secure location
- Do not leave cash unattended
- If you are entrusted with a key to a specific area, never lend it to anyone
- If you receive annoying or obscene phone calls, HANG UP. Report the time of the call, what the caller said and any background noises
- Be alert to strangers
- Report the loss or theft of keys, equipment, or valuables.
Campus line - call ext. 7777 or 9-911
812/492-7777 or 911 from your cell phone
For routine business, call 812/464-1845.
Local Law Enforcement Information
Vanderburgh County Sheriff
812/421-6201 (Command Post)
Evansville Police Department
Our partners at Zimride, USI’s private network for ridesharing, are giving away prizes in April! Enter to win a Kindle Fire HD, or Amazon and Starbucks gift cards by logging your commutes in the Commute Calendar in the month of April. Not only can you share your ride or find a ride, you can also win prizes! Full contest rules, which include prize details, are available online.
Check it out! zimride.usi.edu