STAFF COUNCIL'S RECRUITMENT FAIR - FEBRUARY THROUGH APRIL 2021
Staff Council currently seeking Voting Members and at least five Non-Voting Members, who serve as alternates on the Staff Council. Non-voting members take the place of Representatives who are no longer able to fill their post due to employment changes or resignation. Non-Voting Members are encouraged to attend all Staff Council meetings and volunteer for all Staff Council sponsored events. Service as a non-voting member helps develop understanding of Staff Council and helps better qualify employees for service as a Voting Member of Staff Council.
Staff Council meets once a month for about an hour. We currently meet virtually but we plan to resume in-person meetings after the Pandemic subsides. Standing Committees also meet once a month for about one hour.
Benefits of Staff Council service include:
- Resume builder
- Build relationships with employees on campus. This is good for newer employees.
- Learn about the university and how it works
- Address issues of employment
- Sense of pride
Please email David Huebner, email@example.com and/or Michelle Herrmann, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining Staff Council. We would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Nominating Process and Election
- The annual election of representatives is held during the month of May.
- Nominations for candidates may come from any eligible non-exempt staff and must be forwarded to the Nominating Committee.
- All eligible employees may vote for candidates nominated for open seats on the Council.
- The candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall be Council representatives.
- The newly elected representatives shall assume their duties July 1.
- Election shall be by secret ballot.
- At least one candidate for each vacancy shall be submitted by the Nominating Committee.
- The results of the election shall be retained for two years.
- Candidates not elected for a voting seat, will be considered alternate representatives ranked by the number of votes received.
- If an elected member resigns, the open seat with its complete term will be offered to the highest ranked alternate.
Term of Office
- The term of office for a representative shall be two fiscal years (July 1 through June 30).
- A representative may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Any alternate who steps into a relinquished representative’s role will serve out that representative’s remaining term.
- The alternate’s replacement term will be considered his/her first term.
- The term of office for an alternate shall be one fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).