Marketplace is a free service, intended for the exchange of goods on an employee-to-employee basis, offered to current faculty and staff, as well as retirees, who have retained a valid usi.edu email address.
The University encourages contactless item drop off/pickup. Those who utilize Marketplace services do so at their own risk.
- Only University of Southern Indiana faculty, staff and retirees may post ads in Marketplace.
- Advertising submitted by persons outside of the University community, including family members, is not permitted.
- Ads must be submitted from a valid usi.edu email address.
- Submit all ads using the Marketplace Entry form.
- Ads will be posted to Marketplace within three business days of submission.
- Do not use all capital letters, boldface type or other style elements.
- Check details and spelling carefully.
- If you've posted photos online, include the URL.
- Ads will run approximately 14 days. You may resubmit an ad after it has been removed from the webpage. (Items sold prior to the 14-day limit should be removed by contacting USI Today or 812-465-7005.)
- Ads may be rejected if found to be inappropriate.
- Materials that infringe copyright laws
- Fundraising items
- Employment ads (NOTE: You may place an ad asking for referrals for babysitting, house cleaning, repair work, etc.)
- Promotion of personal businesses, commercial ventures, political causes or other organizations
- Sale, rent or promotion of real estate handled through a third-party agent or broker.
- Pets for sale (NOTE: You may offer pets for free)
- Illegal items
- Sexually explicit items
- Tickets for events that are not sold at or below face value
Questions about Marketplace or these guidelines should be directed to Trista Lutgring, Internal Communications Specialist with University Communications, by email (tjlutgring) or by phone at 812-465-7005.
The University of Southern Indiana does not endorse any Marketplace ad, nor does it assume liability for failure or misrepresentation of goods or services sold through this service. Additionally, the University assumes no responsibility for disagreements or legal action resulting from contact between parties regarding a Marketplace ad. The University encourages contactless item drop off/pickup. Those who utilize Marketplace services do so at their own risk.