RN to BSN Program Admission
All application materials must be received prior to acceptance into the RN-BSN program.
The requirements for admission to the USI RN-BSN program include:
- Completion of an accredited associate degree or diploma in nursing.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in previous academic work.
- An unencumbered RN license in all states of practice.
- Students must be currently employed or have access to a health care work environment to complete course requirements.
Non-native speakers of English must provide an official report confirming a TOEFL score of 525 (paper test) or 71 (Internet based), or APIEL score of 3, or IELTS score of 6.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed monthly.
- Apply and be accepted to the University of Southern Indiana. Click here for the USI undergraduate application: Application. Declare your major as RN to BSN with the code RNBS. The application fee is $40.
Request that your official transcripts be sent to USI. You must submit official transcripts from any college you have ever attended. Request the transcripts be sent or emailed to:
- If you have ever attended classes at USI, you do not need to complete the application but you will need to submit an application for readmission. Click here for information about readmission process: Readmission to USI
- University of Southern Indiana
Attn: Registrar's Office
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
3. Apply to the RN-BSN program at: RN-BSN Application
- Applications will be reviewed after USI application and RN-BSN application are complete and transcripts evaluated by the registrar. Upon official acceptance into the RN-BSN program, a plan of study will be developed and you will be assigned an academic advisor.