Click here to view the OT Application
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) applications will be available January 15-February 15, 2015 for a fall 2015 start date.
Weighting consists of 60% MSOT prerequisite GPA, 40% undergraduate degree GPA, and appraisal of recommendation letters.
To apply you must:
- Have a plan to complete his/her bachelor's degree by the end of USI’s spring 2015 semester.
- Have a plan to complete his/her required prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better by the end of USI’s spring 2015 semester:
- BIOL 121: Anatomy and Physiology 1
- BIOL 122: Anatomy and Physiology 2
- PSY 201: Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 261: Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- PSY 322: Abnormal Psychology
- HP 115: Medical Terminology
- HP 225: Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- EXSC 383: Kinesiology
- HP 302: Biostatistics
- Complete USI’s Application for Admission to Graduate Studies and be accepted to USI’s Office of Graduate Studies.
- Have official transcripts from all undergraduate/graduate institutions attended sent to the Office of Graduate Studies by February 15.
- Complete the USI OT Program Admission Application. (Available January 15-February 15, 2015)
- Have two letters of recommendations, one professional letter from a previous employer or from a practicing Occupational Therapist and one academic letter from a professor or advisor in the applicant’s undergraduate degree, sent to Occupational Therapy Program, University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Blvd, Evansville, IN 47712.
Letters must be sent to the Occupational Therapy Program from the student's references and must be postmarked by February 15.
- Have a minimum 3.00 grade point average (on a 4.00 point system), calculated on the prerequisite courses and undergraduate degree.
* OT applications will not be accepted unless you have been accepted OR awaiting acceptance to USI’s Office of Graduate Studies.
* Students are responsible for the coursework covered in the required MSOT Prerequisite courses. It is highly recommended that students keep their textbook from these classes for future references.
International Student Applicants
There are special application procedures for those who are not citizens of the United States or who have and their previous schooling outside of the United States. International student applicants interested in the MSOT program visit Graduate Studies for information on applying to the university.