Food and Nutrition
The graduate at the completion of the program will be able to:
- evaluate the role of nutrition in optimizing health throughout the lifecycle and respond to harmful nutrition practices.
- demonstrate knowledge of nutrition as it applies to food service, dietetics and wellness.
- demonstrate the knowledge and ability to apply management principles to nutrition and food service.
- present and evaluate food and nutrition education programs to a variety of audiences.
- assess the role that behavior, economics, and dietary supplements have on planning and eating healthy diets.
- demonstrate basic food preparation and presentation skills.
- apply food science knowledge.
- demonstrate problem-solving skills in food service, dietetics and wellness.
The University of Southern Indiana is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.