Food and Nutrition
The graduate at the completion of the program will be able to:
- evaluate the role of nutrition in optimizing health throughout the lifecycle and respond to harmful nutrition practices.
- demonstrate knowledge of nutrition as it applies to food service, dietetics and wellness.
- demonstrate the knowledge and ability to apply management principles to nutrition and food service.
- present and evaluate food and nutrition education programs to a variety of audiences.
- assess the role that behavior, economics, and dietary supplements have on planning and eating healthy diets.
- demonstrate basic food preparation and presentation skills.
- apply food science knowledge.
- demonstrate problem-solving skills in food service, dietetics and wellness.
The University of Southern Indiana is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.