STEM Initiatives at the University of Southern Indiana
- To create a science- and mathematics-literate workforce that provides a
sustainable economic advantage to the region and community.
- To support effective STEM education critical to the current and future economic
vitality and quality of life in the state, region, and nation.
- To provide a continuous supply of highly trained technologists to meet the
workforce demands of our economy's growth sectors.
- To maintain supportive resources to help Indiana's K-12 schools build
the capacity necessary to make immediate and sustained gains in delivery
of STEM educational achievement for their students.
- To encourage involvement of a coalition of leaders from business, higher
education, scientific institutions, and K-12 education in guidance and
policy formation of a state-wide STEM Resource Network.