University of Southern Indiana

Transfer Credit Evaluation

The Registrar's Office is responsible for the evaluation of academic credits from other institutions. Official transcripts will be reviewed to determine what courses will transfer to USI, and their equivalent USI courses.

Eligible AP and CLEP exams may result in credit by exam. A list of AP and CLEP tests and the minimum score required to receive credit at USI can be found on the Credit By Exam page. An official score report must be submitted directly from The College Board to USI.

Course credits earned from regionally accredited colleges and universities are subject to the guidelines in USI's Transfer Credit Policy. Once a transcript has been evaluated, students can view the course equivalencies by viewing their degree audit (through myUSI).

For a preliminary evaluation of your transfer credits, use USI's Transfer Evaluation Self-Service (TESS).

If you have questions about how your coursework might transfer to USI, visit or contact:

  • The Registrar's Office on the main floor of the Orr Center, room 1077.
  • Will Pool, Transfer Credit Supervisor (phone 812-465-7171 or 800-467-1965 #3)
  • , Senior Administrative Assistant (phone 812-465-1038 or 800-467-1965 #3).

Indiana is working to help students transfer college credits more easily. TransferIN is being developed as the state’s official source for course transfer information across campuses and institutions. Indiana has developed the Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate grades. The current list of CTL courses at USI can be found in the class schedule. Visit for more information, including a state-wide CTL list.

Indiana Statewide Transfer General Education Core (STGEC)
The Statewide Transfer General Education Core enables a student who satisfactorily completes an approved program of general education in any public institution of higher education in Indiana to transfer that coursework to any other state educational institution as a block of 30 credit hours towards the general education core requirements. The STGEC applied to all students matriculating at a public institution of higher education in Indiana in the fall of 2013 and after. Additional information may be found at the Indiana Commission for Higher Education website.

Transfer Single Articulation Pathways (TSAP)
Beginning in the fall of 2015, students who have earned an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree from Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University in certain programs may be able to follow a single articulation pathway to complete a bachelor's degree at USI.  The Indiana Commission for Higher Education and Indiana state institutions are working together to allow students to complete a four-year degree program in corresponding programs without a loss of credit hours.  Additional information on Senate Enrolled Act 182 and its implementation will be available over the coming year.  

Contact Web Services


Send Email to