A valid USI Eagle Access Card is required to use the RFWC. Fraudulent use of university identification to gain access will result in a loss of privileges and confiscation of the identification.
All participants are expected to behave appropriately and conduct themselves as responsible citizens at all times (i.e. all trash should be thrown away in garbage cans, no spitting on floors or in water fountains, dirty towels should be returned to dirty towel bins). Abusive language and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and may result in loss of privileges. Harassment, fighting, intimidation of any sort, willful destruction of University property or equipment misuse may also result in loss of privileges and, if appropriate, further disciplinary or legal action.
Children under the age of 16 years are not allowed to use the facility.
Individual patrons shall utilize all services and equipment at their own risk.
The RFWC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. All lost items that are brought to the front desk will be turned over to USI Public Safety at the end of the day. Personal belongings should be placed in lockers in the lockers rooms. Locks are available at no cost for lockers.
Participants are expected to wear appropriate clothing to the RFWC. Participants must wear shirts that cover the chest, back, and abdominal areas. Sleeveless shirts and tanks are acceptable, but they cannot be more than an inch below the underarm. Appropriate athletic footwear is also required in all activity areas. Shoes that leave black marks on wood floors are prohibited. No flip flops or sandals are allowed in the fitness area. Anyone dressed inappropriately will be asked to change clothes or leave.
The RFWC is for student, faculty and employee use. Teams of the University are not allowed to use the facility as a “team” unless permission is granted from the Director of the facility. Individual student-athletes are encouraged to use the RFWC.
Participants are not allowed to have food and/or drinks in the fitness area, except leak proof, sealed-top water bottles.
USI is a tobacco free campus. Violators will be asked to stop use or leave. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is also prohibited. In addition, participants who are suspected of having consumed alcohol will be asked to leave the premises. If the violator does not comply, USI Public Safety will be called.
Animals are prohibited in the RFWC, unless utilized as a guide for disabled patrons.
Throwing objects off the balcony/track or from the gym floor to the balcony/track is prohibited.
Individuals wishing to hang signs or ads on the two bulletin boards in the RFWC must obtain a stamp of approval from an Administrative Staff Member before posting.
All scheduled activities must meet the prior approval of the Director of Recreation, Fitness and Wellness. Please see Scheduling Space for details.
Please report all injuries to staff on duty. All staff members are First Aid and CPR certified. Public Safety may be called to assist.
Please be aware of others and move off of and wipe down equipment when workout is complete. Allow other lifters to use equipment between sets.
All participants listening to their own music must use headphones.
- All courts are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Players will lose their right to “winners” if they participate in another game.
- All full court games of basketball have priority over other games of basketball.
- Inappropriate behavior may result in loss of privileges by player(s) or team(s).
- Only soft soled shoes may be worn in the court area.
- Hanging on basketball rims is prohibited.
- Participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship.
- We recommend that individuals consult with RFWC staff before they start a training program.
- Only RFWC staff is allowed to train patrons in the facility.
- Do not lean weights or bars of any kind against the walls, pillars, equipment, or mirrors.
- Clothing or accessories (belts, weight belts, key chains) that may damage the equipment must be removed.
- Ask for assistance from staff before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Please report any broken equipment to staff.
- A spotter is required when training with free weights.
- Replace all dumbbells and plates on the appropriate racks when not in use.
- Collars must be used with all bars in the free weight area.
- Remove plates from bars when finished.
- Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Lower and raise plates carefully.
- Top loading additional weights onto the weight stack machines is unsafe and prohibited.
- The two inner lanes are for walking and the two outer for running.
- Track directions:
- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat: counter-clockwise
- Tues, Thurs, Sun: clockwise
- Participants must keep moving and not stop to watch the games or activities below.
- Use provided area for stretching.
- Only soft soled shoes are allowed on the track.
- No sprinting on the track.