All USI employees are encouraged and welcome to participate in AA&A
The organization's name should not be confused with titles or positions, but simply reflects the different titled positions held by USI employees, from faculty, support staff to administrative staff.
During the year organization members and attendees engage in a variety of activities once a month between September and April, which may include trips off-campus and guest speakers who enhance the lives of members by providing entertainment, as well as hints on improving oneself in the workplace and as a person.
Joining is Simple
There's no interview or form to fill out; all that is required to become an official voting member is to pay a $15 annual membership fee. Dues are normally collected at the first meeting in the fall, but interested persons can join throughout the year.
- Networking within the employees across the USI campus,
- Improving professionally,
- Helping eligible USI students succeed by supporting a scholarship fund.
You will have the opportunity to meet other USI employees from different departments across campus.
The AA&A started in 1969 and is considered the longest, still active employee organization on campus.
The three reasons for forming the organization were:
- to build unity within USI for employees,
- to learn ways to improve professionally,
- to establish an endowed scholarship to help eligible USI students.
During the year organization members and attendees engage in a variety of activities.