Why Choose USI
The University of Southern Indiana offers the benefits of a large university, as well as the personal, teaching-centered atmosphere of a small college.
A full-service university located in Evansville, Indiana, USI offers more than 130 areas of study, modern facilities, a beautiful university campus and championship-caliber college athletic teams. USI combines these benefits with the personal touch and accessible opportunities that you’d expect from a much smaller college.
USI has an outstanding academic reputation as one of Indiana’s best universities. All of our degree programs offer advantages such as:
- Small class sizes. Most USI classes have 19 or fewer students, where classmates and professors know each other by name. No massive lectures or overcrowded labs.
- Expert faculty. At USI you’ll take every college course from experienced faculty, never from a graduate student.
- Practical experience. You’ll have extensive opportunities to gain experience outside the classroom via internships, co-op study, work placements, community service and other programs.
- Accessible services. Our admission counselors, academic advisors, career counselors and other support personnel are always available and dedicated to your success.
- Outcome-oriented college degrees. USI graduates have an outstanding track record in the job market and graduate school admissions.
We invite you to visit USI and see why you should choose USI!
The University of Southern Indiana reviews applications on a rolling basis, which means decisions are made after we receive all your application materials. We recommend students apply early to maximize opportunities! Applications submitted after the priority deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis. We will begin releasing decisions for fall 2024 after September 18.
2023-2024 Academic Year
- October - AwardSpring Scholarship Application available for USI Foundation scholarships
- November 17– Presidential Scholarship application deadline
- November 17 – Baccalaureate Doctor of Medicine (B/MD) Scholarship application deadline
- December – FAFSA becomes available
- December 8 – Harolyn Torain Multicultural Leadership Scholarship application deadline
- December 1 – Housing applications and contracts for 2023-2024 become available
- April 15 – Deadline to file FAFSA for Indiana state aid
- May 1 – Deadline to cancel 2023-2024 housing contract without penalty, Deadline to refund enrollment deposit.
Streaming from Home
Experience college and campus life at the University of Southern Indiana through stories shared by real students. The College Tour is a one-of-a-kind TV series streaming on multiple platforms, including Amazon Prime Video and Roku, showcasing colleges and universities across the country.
Watch USI’s full episode or jump to hear specific segments on why our students believe USI is so special.
I choose USI!
Have you already applied and been accepted to USI?
Take a look at what to do next!