Help Your Community Thrive: Start With a Public Administration Certification Online Program at the University of Southern Indiana
Enact change and make a bigger difference in your community through the University of Southern Indiana’s Nonprofit Administration and Public Sector Administration Graduate Certificates. At USI, our 100% online Nonprofit and Public Administration Graduate Certificates offer you an affordable, personal and practical opportunity to increase your skills and pursue careers that will help your communities grow and thrive.
Choosing one of USI’s Graduate Certificates in Public Administration or Nonprofit Administration means you’ll work with nationally recognized faculty members who are experts in community development, nonprofit management and fundraising, and strategic planning. They will be there you to help you attain the real-world knowledge and experience you need to succeed within jobs in public administration and beyond.
Whether you’re interested in a certificate in public administration or nonprofit administration, you’ll benefit from a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio and have countless opportunities to interact with classmates who are also aspiring professionals in the nonprofit, public and private sectors. Both the nonprofit and public administration certification online programs are just four classes, and because all coursework is 100% online, you can advance your learning in a way that works around your busy schedule.
Take the next step and learn more about our certificate in public administration or nonprofit administration.
Tuition & Fees Get Started!
Jobs With a Public Administration and Nonprofit Leadership Certificate
Did you know that jobs in public administration — including administrative services, facilities management and nonprofit administration jobs — are projected to grow 7% over the next decade? USI’s nonprofit and public administration certification online programs are both affordable and provide you with the knowledge and know-how to succeed in leadership roles within jobs in public administration and nonprofit administration.
“I was able to gain knowledge and interact with working student professionals at USI, as well as connect with a wide range of community institutions that helped bridge the gap between textbook and workplace.”
– Meschac Gervais, USI MPA Graduate, ’15
Senior Technical Recruiter, Yelp
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a copy of your most recent resume or curriculum vitae to your application account.
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses within both certificate programs are offered entirely online using a learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet access is required.
Nonprofit administration certification online course highlights
Our 12-credit-hour nonprofit leadership certificate is ideal for individuals who want to pursue nonprofit administration jobs as community outreach coordinators, development directors and fundraising associates, nonprofit executive directors and more. Through our four-course nonprofit leadership certificate, you’ll gain skills in communication, fundraising and grant writing, leadership, program evaluation and more that will help you secure nonprofit administration jobs. You will take coursework in:
- Foundations in Nonprofit Administration
- Program Evaluation in the Public and Nonprofit Sector
- Fundraising and Volunteer Management or Grant Writing
- Public and Nonprofit Personnel Administration or Budgeting in Public and Nonprofit Administration
- PA 605 - Foundations in Nonprofit Administration
- PA 645 - Program Evaluation in the Public and Nonprofit Sector
- PA 631 - Fundraising and Volunteer Management OR
PA 684 - Grant Writing
- PA 606 - Public and Nonprofit Personnel Administration OR
PA 609 - Budgeting in Public and Nonprofit Administration
Public Sector administration certification online course highlights
Our 12-credit-hour certificate in public administration is perfect for individuals who want to pursue jobs in public administration at local, state and federal agencies, departments and organizations. Recent graduates have taken on roles as budget analysts, city managers, executive directors and more.
Your certificate in public administration will help you build skills in budgeting, communication, leadership and management, personnel administration, planning and policy analysis as you take coursework in:
- Introduction to Public Administration
- Policies and Processes in the Public Sector
- Public and Nonprofit Personnel Administration, Budgeting in Public and Nonprofit Administration, or Legal Aspects of Public Administration
- Urban Policies and Governance, Environmental Politics and Policy, or Comparative Public Policy
- PA 632 - Introduction to Public Administration
- PA 644 - Policies and Processes in the Public Sector
- PA 606 - Public and Nonprofit Personnel Administration OR
PA 609 - Budgeting in Public and Nonprofit Administration OR
PA 615 - Legal Aspects of Public Administration
- PA 527 - Urban Politics and Governance OR
PA 564 - Environmental Politics and Policy OR
PA 565 - Comparative Public Policy
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Graduate Certificates in Public Administration give you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 4 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Get Started on Your Nonprofit or Public Administration Certification Online at USI
Take the next step on your educational journey and pursue new careers in public administration and nonprofit administration jobs. Start your application or request more information about our certificate in public administration or nonprofit administration