Healthcare Systems Leadership Outcomes
The Healthcare Systems Leadership specialty prepares the nurse to assume a leadership role in various health care environments. Emphasis will be placed on the integration of finance, business management, information management, and marketing resources management evaluation into the nursing management and leadership roles. There are a total of 36 credit hours in the specialty.
The nursing management and leadership graduate is prepared to:
- Integrate critical thinking skills in complex, multi-dimensional nursing management and leadership situations through the use of economic, finance, marketing and administration theories and principles.
- Analyze the use of management and leadership principles and quality management skills in health care organizations.
- Advance nursing knowledge through research in nursing management, leadership and health care policy.
- Incorporate global influences and the use of information and communication technology into the nursing management and leadership role.
- Integrate legal and ethical standards, professional values, and lifelong learning into the nursing management and leadership role.
Program Curriculum for the MSN: Healthcare Systems Leadership - 36 Credit Hours
- NURS 601 - Roles for Advanced Nursing Practice (1 credit hour)
- NURS 602 - Evidence Based Practice for Advanced Nursing (4 credit hours)
- NURS 603 - Theoretical Foundations for Advanced Nursing Practice (3 credit hours)
- NURS 604 - Population Based Care and Health Policy (3 credit hours)
- NURS 605 - Healthcare Informatics for Advanced Nursing Practice (3 credit hours)
- NURS 606 - Nursing Leadership in Health Systems (4 credit hours)
- NURS 648 - Advanced Nursing Core for MSN (3 credit hours)
- MHA 643 - Healthcare Finance (3 credit hours)
Choose four (4) of the following courses for a total of 12 credit hours.
- MHA 621 - The Health Services System (3 credit hours)
- MHA 624 - Applied Economic Analysis in Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- MHA 625 - Competitive Strategies in Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- MHA 626 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- MHA 628 - Managerial Epidemiology (3 credit hours)
- MHA 633 - Human Resources and Labor Relations Management in Healthcare (3 credit hours)
- MHA 637 - Healthcare Leadership (3 credit hours)
- MHA 655 - Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging (3 credit hours)