Contact USI

Introducing Sam Fiducci, Digital Marketing Specialist

March 17, 2023

This story is part of a series introducing the seven new content positions that report to University Strategic Marketing within University Marketing and Communication and are embedded in the four colleges and other key departments across campus. 

Sam Fiducci, Digital Marketing Specialist for Online Learning, found her passion for higher education through her own personal experiences attending university. Joining USI gave her the opportunity to continue pursuing that interest, and for the last two and a half years, she has grown her skills in her current role. Now, with the additions in University Marketing and Communication, Fiducci looks forward to further collaboration between her department and others across campus to share ideas and work for the betterment of USI.

What college or department do you represent and where are you located?  

I represent the Online Learning programs at USI. I’m currently in the Online Learning office in the Wright Administration Building, Room 029. 

What is your background in marketing and communication?  

I graduated from Western Kentucky University in 2015 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in Graphic Design. As the role of graphic designers has evolved over the last several years, the ability to handle multiple aspects of the marketing funnel has become the norm. At my first place of employment, I went from being the Graphic Designer to being the Marketing Manager for the team. I then came to USI to pursue my passion for higher education and further my education. I am currently in the MBA program at USI with a concentration in marketing.    

What can you offer in your new position that will play a part in USI’s successes?  

With my previous job, I was exposed to many of the duties marketing teams take on. Because of this, I have integrated myself deeply across many areas and have extensive knowledge about the marketing mix–from SEO to email campaigns to social media to Google search, and plenty in between. I hope to continue using my expansive skillset to help the University. 

Why is Online Learning an essential part of USI’s offerings to students?   

I have been with the Online Learning department for two and a half years and have learned to grow my appreciation for the online sphere and how we can transform the lives of people who might be too busy for the typical, in-person learning experience. Our team had an essential role to play in the COVID-19 pandemic, and we continue to help different departments across the University become more accessible to students.  

In this role, how are you promoting and raising the visibility of the college/department/area you are representing?  

In my day-to-day work, I do a myriad of things to help in this area. Work has been done on our website to help ensure we are always seeking a higher placement whenever people search for programs that we offer. Paid advertising, email campaigns to paid lists and alumni, and organic social posts are also part of what I do in my day-to-day work to help elevate Online Learning.  

What is something not many people would know about you?  

I play a lot of video games. Notably, I have over 100 games on my Nintendo Switch, and I actually wrote a research paper on “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” in one of my graduate classes and presented it at the 2022 Graduate Colloquium. 

Any favorites you want to share? Hobbies, food, etc.?  

I love all animals, in particular my cat–Catrick Swayze. Any day involving chips and salsa is a good day in my book. I have two nose piercings, but my ears aren’t pierced. I also have three tattoos. 

You can reach Sam by visiting her in her office located in the Wright Administration Building, Room 029,  via email at sbfiducci@usi.edu or by phone at 812-465-1108.  

This piece was written by University Strategic Communication Graduate Student Shaila Dalrymple.