The Financial Manager spreadsheet lists currently valid fund/org combinations, as well as financial managers, alternate financial managers, accounting contacts, budget contacts, and department contacts.
A list of expense account definitions is also available for your reference. If you have any questions pertaining to which fund, org, or account to use, please email or call the accounting contact for your department.
What is a financial manager?
A financial manager is a full time employee of the University who has been assigned responsibility for one or more fund/org combinations by the Vice President of Business Affairs. Financial manager responsibilities include the following activities.
- Reviewing financial activity for accuracy and conformance with budget constraints
- Ensuring that financial transactions comply with University guidelines and any external restrictions including grant limitations and federal, state, or local regulations
- Approving charges to assigned fund/orgs
- Granting permission to others to view activity in assigned fund/orgs
What is an alternate financial manager?
Alternate financial managers have the same responsibility and authority as primary financial managers.
What is an accounting contact?
An accounting contact is an administrator who serves as the primary liaison between a department and the Accounting Office. An accounting contacts perform a variety of functions for departments related to the processing, recording, and review of financial transactions. These functions include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Furnish periodic management reports, forecasts, and analyses of revenues and expenses
- Assist departments with questions about transactions shown on reports or displayed in the University accounting system
- Assist departments with questions about institutional accounting procedures and business practices
- Process requests to record revenues and expenses generated from the exchange of goods and services between University departments
- Process requests to correct errors or to reclassify misplaced transactions
- Help departments use Banner Finance effectively to meet business need
What is a budget contact?
A budget contact is an administrator who serves as the primary liaison between a department and the Budget Office. Budget contacts perform a variety of functions for departments related to the development and maintenance of annual operating budgets. These functions include but are not limited to the following activities:
- A budget contact is an administrator who serves as the primary liaison between a department and the Budget Office.
- Budget contacts perform a variety of functions for departments related to the development and maintenance of annual operating budgets. These functions include but are not limited to the following activities.
- Work with departments to develop annual operating budgets and evaluate long-term funding needs
- Assist departments with questions about the availability and flexibility of budget dollars
- Process requests to carry budget dollars forward from one fiscal year to the next
- Process requests to transfer dollars between funds
- Process requests to reallocate budget dollars between budget line items or across budget categories
What is a department contact?
A department contact is a University employee who serves as the primary contact of the Business Office for questions or correspondence related to a fund/org. They provide information regarding Financial Manager Changes.
Any required financial manager changes should be submitted to the Accounting Contact. The approval for this change should be authorized by the person currently listed, or in the absence of that person, the supervisor for the position that will assume financial manager responsibility.