The purpose of Internal Audit is to assist management in the effective discharge of its responsibility by furnishing analyses, appraisals, recommendations and relevant comments on the University of Southern Indiana's performance in the following areas:
- Compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Existence of adequate internal controls
- Proper safeguarding of assets
- Cost-efficient operational procedures
University of Southern Indiana policies pertaining to Internal Audit can be found in the USI University Handbook.
These policies include:
- Code of Ethics
- Standards of Conduct
- Conflict of Interest: Compliance Disclosure Requirements
- Fraud Policy Statement
- Whistleblower Policy
These questionnaires help USI departments assess their fraud prevention strategies, ethics and vulnerability to risk.