Grow Your Career with a Master of Science in Education
Offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education at USI, the 100% online Master of Science in Education will advance your your career in education.
With our 100% online MSE degree, you can further develop your teaching skill set, become qualified for administrative positions, increase your earning power, and so much more!
Our affordable and flexible program is designed for individuals who have completed a baccalaureate degree in education or a related field from an accredited university.
The Master of Science in Education (MSE) degree program involves advanced study designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of licensed, practicing teachers in P-12 schools.
Tuition & Fees Get Started!
What Can You Do With a Master's Degree in Education?
Upon completion, you’ll discover new opportunities to careers such as:
Choose Your Concentration
The MSE program blends studies of educational theory with analysis of current educational issues and practices. The program of study includes 33 credits hours culminating in an action research project implemented in the graduate student’s P-12 classroom or school. The program does not lead to initial teacher licensure. However, courses may be used for license renewal.
Applicants must be admitted to graduate study under University graduate policies and then be accepted into the specific MSE track. In addition to the requirements for admission to graduate study at USI, admission to the MSE program requires the following:
- A baccalaureate degree (minimum cumulative GPA 2.75) from an accredited college or university with a degree in education or a related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level at all schools attended
- A copy of a standard U.S. teaching license or an approved waiver form
- Submit an online application, $40 application fee, and a list of 3 references (names, relation to you and email address). One must be an employment supervisor and the other two must be professional references.
- Upload a current resume/curriculum vitae to your application account. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name MSE resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith MSE resume.pdf).
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Go Further with an Accredited Master’s in Education Online Program.
Teacher preparation programs are approved by the Indiana Department of Education and are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Earn Your Master of Science in Education on Your Time
Our 100% online Master of Science in Education program not only gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability, but it also lets you choose your start date. Please note, the Educational Leadership and Administration track does not offer the spring start.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Get Started Today: 100% Online Master's of Science in Education
Take the next step on your journey at the University of Southern Indiana. Start your application or request more information today.