Unlock Your Potential With USI’s MS in Education
Are you ready to advance your career in education? The University of Southern Indiana’s Master of Science in Education pairs high-quality academics with the flexibility of an entirely online program to prepare you for leadership roles in both the teaching and administration sides of the education industry.
Designed to build on your existing knowledge, the Master of Science Education online degree program and USI’s dedicated faculty will help you create a course of study that sets you up for success. Our MS in Education program will ensure you have the right combination of skills to help you make a positive difference for your students and reach your career goals.
We know that pursuing an advanced degree as a working professional can be difficult, so we’ve made earning an MS in Education both convenient and flexible. Our 100% online Master of Science Education degree program is paired with our dedication to providing extensive academic support services: We work to meet the needs of current licensed, practicing teachers and administrators like you.
We’ll help you fit your MSE program coursework into your busy schedule and give you the tools you need to stay on track and in control.
What Can You Do With a Master of Science Education Degree?
Earning your Master of Science Education online at the University of Southern Indiana will enable you to rise to the next level of your career. With the right combination of skills and theoretical knowledge, our MS in Education program will not only increase your earning power — it will also open the door to a broad range of careers in educational administration and teaching, including:
Choose Your Concentration
The MSE program blends studies of educational theory with analysis of current educational issues and practices. The program of study includes 30 credits hours culminating in an action research project implemented in the graduate student’s P-12 classroom or school. The program does not lead to initial teacher licensure. However, courses may be used for license renewal.
Applicants must be admitted to graduate study under University graduate policies and then be accepted into the specific MSE track. In addition to the requirements for admission to graduate study at USI, admission to the MSE program requires the following:
- A baccalaureate degree (minimum cumulative GPA 2.75) from an accredited college or university with a degree in education or a related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level at all schools attended
- A copy of a standard U.S. teaching license (recommended for all programs and required for licensure related programs)
- Submit an online application, $40 application fee, and a list of 3 references (names, relation to you and email address). One must be an employment supervisor and the other two must be professional references.
- Upload a current resume/curriculum vitae to your application account. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name MSE resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith MSE resume.pdf).
- Submit transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts are required only from the institution at which your highest degree was earned. Electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions attended can be submitted via email by the applicant to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed.
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- Read the full transcript policy by clicking here.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
A CAEP-accredited MSE program
Teacher preparation programs are approved by the Indiana Department of Education and are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. The University of Southern Indiana’s Master of Science Education online program has earned approval and accreditation through these institutions.
"USI has helped me in all areas of my professional aspirations. I started my journey at USI, and I was given many hands-on and real-life experiences as a teacher to prepare me for a classroom of my own. I was equipped with all the tools I needed to be a successful classroom teacher. Now, 14 years later, I’m back at USI obtaining a master’s degree in education. I cannot say enough amazing things about the master’s program. Every professor is helpful, easy to reach and supportive, and the pacing of the program — while actively teaching — has not felt overwhelming. It’s been terrific!”
- Hilary Hester, USI MSE Program Student
Teacher, Joshua Academy Charter School
Earn Your Master of Science in Education on Your Time
Our 100% online Master of Science in Education program not only gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability, but it also lets you choose your start date. Please note, the Educational Leadership and Administration track does not offer the spring start.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|