Learn the Latest Knowledge with our Post-Master's Certificate: Education Specialist in Educational Leadership.
Are you an educator seeking to advance your career into a leadership position?
The 100% online Education Specialist in Educational Leadership (EdS) offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education is a post-masters credential designed for P-12 educators who wish to advance in educational leadership careers.
Completion of the EdS program may qualify students for the Indiana Superintendent's license and P-12 district level leadership positions. As a stackable credential, the 30-credit-hour earned in the EdS program may transfer to the 60-credit-hour Doctor of Education program in Educational Leadership at USI.
To be considered for admission, you must have the following:
- A master’s degree in education or related field from a regionally-accredited institution with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher;
- A valid teaching license
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload the following to your application account:
- Your Indiana Teaching License number or provide an explanation as to why you wish to pursue this degree.
- A current resume/curriculum vitae. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name EdS resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith EdS resume.pdf)
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses are offered by blending desktop video conferencing and an online learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet, camera and microphone capabilities is required.
Program Curriculum for the Education Specialist Certificate
- EDLE 726 - Legal and Ethical Issues for Educational Leaders
- EDLE 727 - Special Education Policy and Practice
- EDLE 728 - Evaluating School Effectiveness Through a Community Lens
- EDLE 731 - Analyzing Race, Class, and Gender Dynamics in American Education
- EDLE 732 - Creating Community-Based Curricular Change
- EDLE 755 - Orchestrating a Community-Based Educational Vision
- EDLE 756 - School Personnel Management
- EDLE 757 - Analytical Decision-Making
- EDLE 758 - School Finance
- EDLE 760 - Internship in School District Administration (1 credit)
- Taken three times for three consecutive semesters (summer, fall, spring) for a total of 3 credit hours
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Post-Master's Certificate: EdS gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 4 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|