The primary purpose of faculty development is to provide support to faculty in the improvement of teaching (including advising), scholarship, and leadership development.
Responsibilities of the director include:
- Supervise all activities of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Collaborate with the Provost's Office, college deans, department chairs, program directors and faculty members.
- Chair of the CETL Advisory Board.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and presentations, for and by faculty and staff, for the purpose of development in teaching, scholarship, and leadership.
- Work with the Council of Department Chairs and Program Directors to develop leadership seminars and workshops for department chairs and program directors.
- Organize and maintain orientation programming for new faculty members.
- Foster innovation in support of student learning.
- Work closely with Instructional Technology in promoting the use of technology as well as distance education delivery.