Dr. Amy B. Chan Hilton
The primary purpose of faculty development is to provide support to faculty in the improvement of teaching (including advising), scholarship, and leadership development.
Responsibilities of the director include:
- Supervise all activities of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Collaborate with the Provost's Office, college deans, department chairs, program directors and faculty members.
- Chair of the CETL Advisory Board.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and presentations, for and by faculty and staff, for the purpose of development in teaching, scholarship, and leadership.
- Work with the Council of Department Chairs and Program Directors to develop leadership seminars and workshops for department chairs and program directors.
- Organize and maintain orientation programming for new faculty members.
- Foster innovation in support of student learning.
- Work closely with Instructional Technology in promoting the use of technology as well as distance education delivery.