Contact USI

Introducing Brittany Skinner, Content Marketing Specialist

February 16, 2023

Brittany Skinner, Content Marketing Specialist for Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education, was born and raised in Evansville. She received her bachelor’s degree in business administration here at USI in 2020. She grew up in a family of educators who have passed on a love of education and continued learning. Working in higher education at USI allows her to pursue that passion. Furthermore, the marketing, communication, management and networking skills she obtained when working with the Evansville Otters, as their Director of Marketing, helped lay the foundation for a successful career at USI.  

What college or department do you represent and where are you located?  

I represent Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education as the Content Marketing Specialist. I am located in the Dean’s Suite in room 1103C. 

Why is USI and this new position a good fit for you?  

In this role, I will have the opportunity to explore my creative abilities and produce content to help Pott College better market itself. USI is my alma mater and I am so happy to be back on campus.    

What can you offer in your new position that will play a part in USI’s successes?  

As an alumna of the University, I can offer the perspective of someone who did choose USI as a place to call home during my undergraduate years. In marketing, it is about knowing your audience, and it was not too long ago that I was the University’s target audience.  

How are you getting to know the area you represent, the people who work there and the important work being done in this area?  

I have met individually and collectively with Pott College leadership and faculty to get a better understanding of the College and their goals. Being located in the College, I am able to have conversations with faculty in passing and they are able to stop by my office to chat. These conversations can spark ideas or alert me to ways I can better serve their departments' marketing needs. I think it takes time to get to know the "brand," in this case Pott College, so I appreciate the faculty and staff helping me learn more about the College and their departments.    

In this new role, how are you promoting and raising the visibility of the college/department/area you are representing?  

Asking faculty what they want to see and promote has been a great first step in learning how best to raise the visibility of the College. I have sent out a Qualtrics form to collect ideas for content or requests for assistance. Recently, I have been working on event marketing materials to highlight the many recruitment events Pott College puts on in the spring. These events promote the programs and allow local high school students an opportunity to see what attending USI looks like. Being embedded in Pott College will allow me to anticipate opportunities for promoting the College and, as I get to know the audience they are trying to reach, I can create more focused content to help promote and raise its visibility.  

What would you like the USI community to know about you?  

I’ve lived in Evansville my entire upbringing and USI is a huge reason that I chose to stay here to start a career. While attending the University, I fell in love with the community and city of Evansville even more.  

Do you have any favorite hobbies or interesting things about you?  

I was born on Thanksgiving Day. I love movies, my cat, coffee shops, my growing plant collection, trying new restaurants, thrifting/antiquing and spending time with my friends and family.   

You can reach Brittany by visiting her in her office located at 1103C in the Dean’s Suite or reaching her via email at bskinner@usi.edu or by phone at 812-465-1134.  

This piece was written by University Strategic Communication Graduate Student Shaila Dalrymple.