Welcome Week offers exciting activities and events designed to help students meet one another, adjust to their new surroundings and jump-start their academic success at USI. All students are expected to attend the Eagle Experience activities during Welcome Week.
Welcome Week 2022 Information is now updated
*Events and dates are subject to change and this is not an exhaustive list
*Students, please bring Student ID to all events.
See highlights from the first week of the Fall 2022 Semester
- Housing Move In/Check-In and Theme Living Communities (TLC) Information
- Welcome Week Check-In and Fair
- Eagle Access Card (Student ID), New Student Planner, and Find Your Class
- Welcome Week Events
- Family Programs | Thursday, August 18
- Eagle Experience Programs | Friday, August 19 and Saturday, August 20
- USI Dining, Meal Plans and Munch Money
- Academic Advising and Class Schedule Changes
- USI Campus Store, Recreation, Fitness, and Wellness Center, Campus Bus Shuttle, and Aquatic Center Hours
- Commuter Student Welcome Week Information
- Returning Student Welcome Week Information
- Welcome Week Event Updates
- Residential students will sign up online for a move in time slot for unloading and moving vehicles. Residential students will receive more information from Housing and Residence Life starting July 20. View move in details.
- Theme Living Communities (TLC) students move in on Wednesday, August 17, to allow for TLC orientation and activities. View the TLC program schedule.
- Register Your Vehicle: Students living on campus must register their vehicle and commuter students are strongly encouraged. Register vehicles with Public Safety.
- Residential students will receive Welcome Week materials at the Welcome Week Tent prior to checking in for Housing.
- Commuter Students can pick up Welcome Week materials at University Center East on
- Wednesday, August 17 (10 am - 4 pm), Thursday, August 18 (10 am - 4 pm), and Friday, August 19 (8 am - 6 pm), at the University Center West Info Desk.
- Thursday, August 18, before New Student Convocation in the Screaming Eagles Arena from 3-4 p.m.
- From 10 am - 3 pm on Saturday, August 20, and Sunday, August 21, at the University Center West Information Desk.
- When you arrive at campus, skip the Housing Check-In car line in the left lane and drive in the right lane to Parking Lot C by the Screaming Eagles Arena (the building with glass and the eagle design).
- Welcome Week Fair: All new students are invited to attend the Welcome Week Fair in University Center West on Wednesday, August 17 and Thursday, August 18 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be a variety of University Departments there to help you as you arrive on campus.
Welcome Week Fair Guide (PDF) - Coming Soon
- All new students receive a USI Student ID. This card is used for meal plans, Munch Money, Flex Money, and more.
- Students need to bring a government-issued ID to get their Student ID.
- Students who did not receive their Eagle Access Card (Student ID) during their orientation may get theirs by scheduling an appointment to come on campus over the summer by emailing
email@example.com, by attending Welcome Week check-in from Wednesday, August 17–Thursday, August 18 or by visiting the ID office prior to classes starting.
- For more information, visit usi.sodexomyway.com.
All new students get this year's school planner.
- Residential students will receive it at Housing Move In.
- Commuter students can pick it up at the University Center West Information Desk throughout the week and weekend.
- Don’t be late for your first college class! Welcome Week Leaders will assist you in finding
classrooms for your fall semester classes. Also, sign the Class of 2026 Banner.
- Wednesday, August 17 | 1 - 4 pm | Quad
- Thursday, August 18 | 10 am - 4 pm | Quad
- Friday, August 19 | 1:30 - 4:30 pm | Quad
- Sunday, August 21 | 1:30 - 4:30 pm | Quad
Back to top
- Residential students are invited to participate in evening activities after they move in.
- All new students are invited to attend the Welcome Week events on Thursday, Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday before classes start.
- Many events will be held during the first week of classes starting Monday, August 22
- View the Welcome Week Event Schedule
- The Multicultural Center hosts this unique event to help participants build bridges and friendships in the USI community. Please RSVP on the Admitted Student Task List. Contact the Multicultural Center with questions at 812-228-5002 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9-9:30 am Check-In Locations
- Romain College of Business | Business and Engineering Atrium
- College of Science, Engineering, and Education | UC, Carter Hall
- College of Nursing and Health Professions | HP 1002
- College of Liberal Arts | Performance Center
- University Division | Forum 1
- Not sure what college your major is in? Check out USI.edu/academics
- Be sure to get your FREE T-SHIRT for attending to represent your college! Students will be guided to other event locations.
- College Meetings: Meet faculty and other new students in your college and learn how to get involved in your major.
- Screagle Pride and Spirit: Kick off Welcome Week with your fellow classmates to learn the USI fight song, ignite your school spirit and become a Screagle in the Screaming Eagles Arena. Then meet on the Quad to take the official Class of 2026 photo.
- Lunch with Faculty (Provided by the Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs)
**All new students expected to attend**
- Join us for valuable tips on becoming a successful commuter student by getting involved, staying connected at USI, and making friends before classes start. Receive your Welcome Week program and free USI student planner by attending.
- Get a jump-start on your college experience! Freshmen are required to attend the Eagle Experience: Campus Program. This discussion will be presented on Saturday, August 20 from 3-5 pm in the Screaming Eagles Arena. You will hear from student leaders who will answer your questions about student involvement and success in college and talk about how to make friends and connect at USI. More information will be emailed to all freshmen. To contact the Dean of Students Office, please call 812-4654-1862 or email email@example.com
Back to top
- Students can enjoy free dinners Wednesday–Saturday of Welcome Week. Lunch is provided Friday, August 19. Students can access food vendors and Munch Money once they arrive on campus.
- Meal plans start for brunch on Saturday, August 20 for the Fall Semester.
- Saturday, August 20, and Sunday, August 21 | Open: 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Meals in The Loft require a meal plan, Munch Money, Flex money or credit/debit cards to purchase food. Other food vendors require Munch Money, Flex money or credit/debit cards.
- Visit USI.sodexomyway.com for the complete list of Food Service locations and hours.
- The deadline to change a meal plan is midnight Sunday, August 21 in writing by emailing from your USI account with your student ID number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some locations have Grubhub for pick-up service. Please download the app at https://www.grubhub.com/about/campus. Students can link their Student ID/Munch Money to their Grubhub account.
If you have questions about class schedules, please contact your advising center. Please contact your advising center with questions. If you are unsure of your advising center, check here.
- Welcome Week Store Hours
- Monday-Friday, August 15-19 | 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, August 20-21 | 10 am - 2 p.m.
- Monday-Friday August 22-26 | 8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Fall Hours Beginning August 29
- Monday-Thursday | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday | Closed
- View the Archie's Book Bundle website. Students need to decide on their bundle by Friday, August 26.
- Welcome Week Hours
- Monday, August 15 | 7:00 – 8:15 a.m.; 12:00 – 8:00 p.m
- Tuesday, August 16 | 7:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 4:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 17 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday–Friday, August 18-19 | 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Saturday, August 20 | 10 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 21 | 1-11 p.m.
- Fall Hours Beginning August 22
- Monday - Friday | 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday | 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday | 1 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 16 | 5-9 pm (METS only)
- Wednesday, August 17 | 5-9 pm (METS only)
- Friday, August 19 | 7 am – 9:30 pm
- Regular campus shuttle service starts Monday, August 22
- USI and METS (Metropolitan Evansville Transit System) provide bus transportation on campus and to the Eagle Plaza and Schnuck's Transfer Terminal for USI students. There is no charge for students providing a valid University ID (Eagle Access Card). Real-time tracking of the buses serving the USI campus is available courtesy of DoubleMap at http://mets.doublemap.com.
- For route and schedule information visit usi.edu/public-safety/bus-schedules/
- Welcome Week Hours
- Wednesday, August 17 - Friday, August 19 | 10 am - 4 pm
- Saturday, August 20 - Sunday, August 21 | 12 - 4 pm
- Fall Hours
- Thursday, August 18
- 8:30 p.m. | Outdoor Movie and Treats | Quad (Rain Location is now the RFWC Indoor Courts)
- Monday, August 22
- 3:30 - 5 pm | Multicultural Center Mentor Monday | Now in Traditions Lounge (UC)
- 9 - 11 pm | Capture the Flag with Campus Outreach | Rugby Field
- Wednesday, August 24
- 4 - 6 pm | Brownies and Bracelets | Fireside Lounge (UC)
- 5-7 p.m. Ice Cream and Kickball New Location UC 226-227 and Quad
Sponsored by Eagle Catholic Community
Welcome Week Program - coming soon
Back to top