Formal Panhellenic Recruitment Process:
Registration CLOSES at NOON on September 13, 2023!
Formal sorority recruitment is organized, coordinated, and managed by the Panhellenic Council. It takes place in September and involves three rounds of recruitment events. During these events, current sorority members will meet and converse with potential new members (PNMs).
The following sororities participate in Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment:
- Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Alpha Sigma Tau
- Delta Zeta
- Gamma Phi Beta
- Sigma Sigma Sigma
To be eligible for Panhellenic sorority recruitment you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time, degree seeking student at USI.
- Most chapters have, at least, a minimum 2.5 GPA; please note, some sororities have a higher GPA requirement.
- Register for recruitment via the online form HERE.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable recruitment registration fee.
- Plan to attend all recruitment events. Missing any part of recruitment makes it more difficult for the women in each sorority to get to know you and may limit the ability to place you in an organization.
Formal Recruitment is on September 15 through September 17, 2023. Bid Day, the day where interested women find out what chapter they are invited to join, will occur on September 17 in the late afternoon.
- Panhellenic Recruitment Conflict & Withdrawal Form
- NPC MRABA Video
- Sorority Life: Information for Potential Members
- What to Wear
- USI 2023 Recruitment Guide
|Friday, September 15, 2023||
"DEVELOP IN SISTERHOOD" ROUND
The "Develop in Sisterhood" Round, is essentially an open house. Each PNM will visit each of the Five participating sororities for a 40 minutes meet-and-greet type event. During this time, PNM's will get a general overview of each of the chapters and requirements for membership.
|Saturday, September 16, 2023||
Philanthropy Round is the first day of invitations to recruitment events. Each PNM may visit up to four parties lasting 40 minutes each. In this round, the PNM will learn more about the philanthropic endeavors of the organizations they are invited back to. They will also learn more about the bond of sisterhood
|Sunday, September 17, 2023||
Preference Round consists of each PNM visiting up to two events lasting 60 minutes each. The sorority members will explain to PMNs what it means to be a member of their sorority and what their sorority could offer the PNM. This round provides the deepest level of insight for the PNM to help pick their chapter. During this round, Panhellenic encourages PNMs to think back on the previous rounds and recall what they liked best about these sororities and why they would choose to join a particular group. When choosing a sorority, keep things in perspective
|Sunday, September 17, 2023||
Bid Day, which occurs on the same day as the preference round, is when PNMs may receive up to one bid (invitation to join) from a chapter. If the PNM accepts the bid, they will be a new member of that chapter from that point forward. However, new members will not be initiated into the chapter until weeks after Bid Day.