We are BACK in person for this year's fall involvement fair. The fair will be held Wednesday, September 1 from 2-5pm on the University Quad. If you are NOT a USI student organization or department AND you would like to have a table, please email email@example.com. Request for a table
opens August 2 and closes August 26.Table Specifications:
- Student Development Programs will provide one 6’ x 2 ½’ table and two chairs.
- ALL tables are ASSIGNED and CANNOT BE MOVED! (if you need to move your table for any reason, find Jenny Garrison or someone at the Center for Campus Life table.)
- If you would like to have more than one organization represented at a table, please indicate that on the form. Also, if you would like to have a table next to another table, please indicate that. However, we will try our best to accommodate your requests, but there are no guarantees.
- Center for Campus Life WILL NOT PROVIDE TENTS. Pop-up tents can be no larger than 6X6.
COVID-19 Restrictions: (*These are subject to change. Any changes will be communicated prior to the fair.)
- No more than 3 people can be behind a table at any time. Individuals "working" the table on behalf of the organization or department MUST REMAIN behind the table, to maintain social distancing.
- Masks are not required outdoors currently.
Animal Policy -Animals, defined as domesticated pets, may be brought on campus under the following conditions:
- The animal is part of a classroom demonstration that has been approved by faculty. In such cases, the animal should be brought on campus immediately before the class and removed from campus immediately after class. The animal must be on a leash or in a carrying case when in transit.
- The animal is a “service animal” as defined by current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and State of Indiana regulations. Under these laws, a “service animal” is defined as an animal that is specifically trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a physical, sensory, psychiatric/mental, or intellectual disability; and the work or tasks performed by the animal must be directly related to the individual's disability. Animals that only provide crime deterrent effects, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship do not fall under the legal definition of “service animal.” The University reserves the right at any time to ask if the animal is required because of a disability and what specific work or task the animal has been trained to perform. The University also reserves the right to request that the animal be removed from the property if it does not meet the legal definition of service animal, if the handler fails to keep it under appropriate control, or if it is not housebroken. An animal meeting the complete and proper definition of “service animal” will otherwise be permitted anywhere on campus that is typically open to students and visitors.
- With permission of the president or the president's designee.
- Animals other than “service animals” may be exercised on exterior areas of campus as long as they are on a leash and are not taken to any areas where an active program or event is occurring.
- In all cases it is the responsibility of the individual(s) bringing any animal to any University owned or controlled property to be aware of state and local immunization and licensing requirements, to fully comply with those requirements, and to assume any and all liability associated with failure to do so. Such individuals are responsible for cleaning up after their animal, for maintaining humane control of the animal at all times, and are financially responsible for any damage that the animal may cause to University property or injuries caused to other individuals.
Cancellation/Inclement Weather Policy:
- In the event of inclement weather, the Student Involvement Fair will be postponed to Wednesday, September 8 from 2 PM to 5PM. All policies, procedures, time, and location will still apply for the September 1 date.
- Notification of cancellation: If the event is postponed for weather, you will be notified by 4pm on Tuesday, August 31. In the event that there is inclement weather on September 8, participants will be notified by 4 PM on Tuesday, September 7. If the fair is cancelled for September 8, the event will not be rescheduled.
Spots are limited! If you are not a USI student organization or department AND you would like to have a table, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2021-2022 Involvement Calculator is back and better than ever! Input your habits in our Involvement Calculator and see what involvement opportunities await you. Reports are sent back to the students 5-10 business days after submitting the form. These are just suggestions for involvement on campus, but they may lead to lifelong friendships. In the spring semester, the office sponsors a student organization fair to showcase groups and clubs for students to get involved with. This a great opportunity for students who waited to get involved or students who are transferring into USI.
Details for the Spring fair will be shared with student organizations in December.