Skip to content
Contact USI

If you are participating in a USI approved study abroad program, you may still receive the financial aid you have been awarded for that term. In most cases the amount of federal and state financial aid you are eligible for does not increase for study abroad programs. Please visit Student Financial Assistance if you have questions about how your financial aid will be affected by studying abroad.

State assistance must be approved by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE). Please advise Student Financial Assistance if you receive state grants and plan to study abroad.

All study abroad students who receive financial aid will be required to provide an enrollment certification before your aid may be disbursed to your account. The form is available in the Center for International Programs, is completed by the foreign school you are attending and should be submitted to Student Financial Assistance for processing.

The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.

There are other national and regional programs that offer scholarships for study abroad. Please visit the Center for International Programs website for more information on these programs.

A list of outside scholarship opportunities also is available on our website.