When considering sponsorship requests from 501(c)(3) nonprofit or community organizations, we partner with organizations and efforts primarily focused on education, diversity and that support education of students and faculty.
Definition of sponsorship: financial or in-kind support of an event, organization or activity that is given in exchange for acknowledgement, recognition or promotion; or a university representative in attendance.
As a rule, we do not provide sponsorship funds for the following:
- Organizations whose programs discriminate based on race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, military service/veteran status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Political or labor organizations
- Religious-based organizations
- Sororities and Fraternities
- Athletic groups or activities, including charity-benefit sporting events
- Walks, rides, runs, etc.
- Bands or choirs
- Capital campaigns/Foundations
- Organizations providing services primarily to animals
- Multi-year commitments
How to Request Sponsorship
Requests should be submitted a minimum of six weeks prior to the event or print deadline for the event’s promotional materials. Requests should be sent via email to Community.Engagement@usi.edu or via mail to Kindra Strupp, University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, Indiana 47712.
Requests for sponsorship should come to USI and not the USI Foundation as the Foundation is a separate 501(c)3. The USI Foundation's mission is to attract, acquire, and manage donors' charitable gifts to support and sustain the goals of the University of Southern Indiana.
Requests for advertising should be submitted to Stephanie Hawes at UnivMarketing@usi.edu.
Requests for USI promotional items during College Go Week, or similar high school projects/classes, should be made to USI Admissions at email@example.com.