Launch Your Business Career With an Online Degree in Business Administration
Business concepts and principles apply to most sectors of the U.S. economy. The University of Southern Indiana’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration will prepare you for the fast-paced, ever-changing business world.
At USI, our BS in Business Administration online program, which holds dual accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, offers a foundational understanding of business — from accounting to marketing, economics to management, and much more. Designed for working professionals or those who want to pursue a flexible online business program, USI’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration can help open doors to new careers and advances your job prospects throughout business.
You’ll be ready to take on business positions within healthcare, human resources, management, operations and more. Learn more about our online business program by today
What Can You Do With an Online Degree in Business Administration?
At USI, our BS in Business Administration online program gives you the analytical, financial and interpersonal skills to make significant contributions to any organization and in nearly any sector. And because you’ll have the skills employers value from USI’s online business program, you’ll be well-positioned to join this growing field.
Did you know that, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, business and financial jobs are projected to grow 7 percent over the next decade? That means, with a USI online degree in business administration, you’ll have ample opportunities to pursue valuable and rewarding careers throughout business.
Gain valuable financial support in USI’s online business program
Are you 25 years or older, an Indiana resident and interested in pursuing a degree — including USI’s BS in Business Administration online program? You might qualify for up to $2,000 with the Adult Student Grant offered by the State of Indiana. Learn more about how you can utilize this grant in our online business program
"I think it will be wonderful to offer classes online. I wish this was available when I attended. With two kids at home, it would have helped me manage my family and school responsibilities. I can’t help but imagine that this will help many non-traditional students get their degrees."
- Wendy Seitz, USI BUAD Graduate, 1999
Students have a number of items that may be required for admission to the university.
- In evaluating applications for transfer admission, academic performance at each college attended is considered.
- If the applicant has less than 24 transferable hours, they will also be required to submit final high school transcripts and may also be required to submit either the SAT or ACT exam scores.
- *Students age 21+ are not required to submit SAT or ACT exam scores.
- Official transcripts from any and all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted for review. Transfer applicants should have a minimum cumulative average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours toward the completion of the baccalaureate degree must be earned from USI.
- Total program requirements: 120 credits
- 39 credit hours of the 120 credit hours earned must consist of courses at the 300/400 level to be eligible for the Bachelor of Science degree.
Courses within the BUAD Program are offered entirely online using a learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet access is required.
A BUAD degree from USI prepares graduates to be successful in exciting and rewarding careers. Business occupations pay significantly better than the median annual wage for all occupations combined. In addition, compared to other occupations, business occupations are projected to grow faster in the coming years.*
Business professionals are employed globally by every type of organization in roles such as:
- Healthcare Management
- Project Management
- Business Operations Analyst
- Public Administration
- Independent Consulting
- Human Resources Management
Go Further with an Accredited Business Administration Program
The University of Southern Indiana Romain College of Business is dual accredited from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Fewer than 200 business schools worldwide have earned both accreditations.
Tailor our accredited Bachelor of Science in Business to your interests
Toward the end of your studies, you’ll have the opportunity to tailor your online degree in business administration to your interests. You’ll be able to take upper-level courses in areas such as accounting, computer information systems, decision sciences, economics, finance, management and marketing.
Know that when you graduate with our BS in Business Administration online degree, you’ll have an education that is valued here in Indiana and beyond. That’s because our business degrees have been granted dual accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business — something fewer than 200 business schools worldwide can claim.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Degree Completion Curriculum
Expand the tab below to find see the titles of the core courses required for completion of the BS in Business Administration.
- CIS 201 - Business Processes and Information Systems
- ACCT 201 - Accounting Principles I
- ACCT 202 - Accounting Principles II
- BCOM 231 - Business Communication
- BLAW 263 - Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 265 - Elementary Statistics
- FIN 305 - Business Finance
- MNGT 305 - Principles of Management
- MKTG 305 - Principles of Marketing
- BCOM 401 - Business Career Planning and Professional Development (1 Credit Hour)
- MNGT 452 - Policy Formulation and Implementation
All courses above are three (3) credit hours unless stated otherwise.
Fifteen (15) hours of upper-level electives are also required. Select six (6) hours from each of two disciplines, and three (3) hours from a third discipline:
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Decision Sciences (DCSI)
- Economics (ECON)
- Finance (FIN)
- Management (MNGT)
- Marketing (MKTG)
Earn Your Degree on Your Time
The BUAD - Degree Completion program has multiple starts each year, meaning you don't have to wait to start your journey towards completing your degree.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|