Learn the Latest Knowledge with our Graduate Certificate for Teacher License Addition in Exceptional Needs.
Are you an educator preparing to teach exceptional students with mild disabilities in grades P-12?
Look no further than the 100% online Graduate Certificate for Teacher License in Exceptional Needs: Mild Intervention offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education at USI!
Academic study is connected to concepts, issues, and content that are familiar, understandable, accessible, and personally relevant to each student. In each course, you will apply learning in practical, real-life settings.
Upon the completion of the program and passage of the required Indiana content licensure test, you may be eligible for license addition in P-12 Exceptional Needs: Mild Intervention.
What Can You Do With an Exceptional Needs Education Graduate Certificate?
Once you complete our program, you’ll discover new opportunities to careers such as:
All applicants must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution with a cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher
- A valid Indiana teaching license
- Maintain a 2.75 or higher grade-point average at USI
- Earn a grade C or better in all required courses in the program
Note: At the conclusion of the program, appropriate content tests are required prior to applying for an add-on license.
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload the following to your application account:
- Your Indiana Teaching License number or provide an explanation as to why you wish to pursue this degree.
- A current resume/curriculum vitae. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name SPED resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith SPED resume.pdf)
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses are offered by blending desktop video conferencing and an online learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet, camera and microphone capabilities is required.
Program Curriculum for the Graduate Certificate for Teacher License Addition in Exceptional Needs
The Graduate Certificate for Teacher License Addition in Exceptional Needs is comprised of the following three (3) credit-hour courses:
- EDUC 508 - Teaching Reading to Students with Special Needs
- EDUC 511 - Foundations and Legal Issues Related to Exceptional Needs
- EDUC 512 - Assessing Students with Special Needs
- EDUC 513 - Learning Strategies for Students with Exceptional Needs
- EDUC 515 - Management and Exceptionality: Environment, Social, and Behavioral
- EDUC 518 - Exceptional Needs Instructional Strategies II (Fall Only)
- EDUC 521 - Exceptional Needs: Practicum I (Elementary) OR
EDUC 522 - Exceptional Needs: Practicum II (Secondary)
- EDUC 523 - Collaborative Partnerships
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate for Teacher License Addition in Exceptional Needs gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 3 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Get Started on Your Online Graduate Certificate for Teacher License Addition in Exceptional Needs.
Take the next step on your journey at the University of Southern Indiana. Start your online graduate certificate application or request more information today.