Advance Your Career with an Online Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics.
Offered by the College of Nursing and Health Professions, the 100% online Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics will help provide the practical skills needed for health care professionals seeking additional competencies in health informatics or to those entering the rapidly expanding field of health informatics.
Health informatics is the application of information technology to healthcare professions with the aim of creating tools and procedures that facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This field includes the knowledge, skills and tools that enable information to be collected, managed, used and shared to support the delivery of healthcare and promote health.
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume to your application account.
- Submit transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts are required only from the institution at which your highest degree was earned. Electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions attended can be submitted via email by the applicant to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed.
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- Read the full transcript policy by clicking here.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses are offered by blending desktop video conferencing and an online learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet, camera and microphone capabilities is required.
Program Curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
The accelerated Health Informatics certificate program consists of 4 courses, each of a seven 7-week term. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
Students must complete each of the following 3 credit-hour courses for the certificate.
- MHA642 - Health Informatics
- MHA645 - Health Data: Interoperability and Standards
- MHA646 - Health Information Systems: Design and Decision Making
- MHA647 - Health Data: Privacy and Security
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics program gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 4 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Interested in a Master's degree?
Our affordable and flexible Master of Health Administration program is designed for individuals who have a bachelor's degree and desire to diversify their leadership skills or obtain a leadership position in the healthcare field. Find out more at the link below.