Learn the Latest Knowledge and Skills with our Post-Acute Care Graduate Certificate.
Offered by the College of Nursing and Health Professions, the 100% online Graduate Certificate in Post-Acute Care will help you take on the rising demand for health administration management positions in the gerontology industry.
Our affordable & accelerated program is designed to benefit individuals who are aiming to become an integral part of a PAC network within the university and within a healthcare organization. You will learn to address actual healthcare matters through focused content areas in:
- Principles of Aging
- Health Policy
Courses within the PAC concentration will emphasize social determinants of health, regulation, the legislative process and licensure requirements.
What Can You Do With a Graduate Certificate in Post-Acute Care?
Once you complete our program, you’ll discover new opportunities to careers such as:
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume to your application account.
- Submit transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts are required only from the institution at which your highest degree was earned. Electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions attended can be submitted via email by the applicant to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed.
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- Read the full transcript policy by clicking here.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses within the Graduate Certificate in Post-Acute Care are offered entirely online using a learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet access is required.
Provide a specific curriculum that allows students to acquire theoretical and practical understanding of the post-acute care setting. Demonstrate application of relevant concepts through project-based learning techniques. Develop an appreciation of age friendly communities and how leaders in PAC can promote inclusion, independence, quality of life, and empathy to the aging population.
Program Curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Post-Acute Care
The accelerated program consists of 4 courses, each of a seven 7-week term. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
Students must complete each of the following 3 credit-hour courses for the certificate.
- MHA 655 - Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging
- MHA 656 - Health Policy & Aging
- MHA 657 - Regulatory Standards in Post-Acute Care
- MHA 658 - Finance and Post-Acute Care
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Post-Acute Care gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 6 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Interested in a Master's degree?
Our affordable and flexible Master of Health Administration program is designed for individuals who have a bachelor's degree and desire to diversify their leadership skills or obtain a leadership position in the healthcare field. Find out more at the link below.