Launch a Winning Career: Pursue the University of Southern Indiana’s Online Sport Management Master’s Degree
Gain a competitive edge by combining your love and passion for sports with leadership and management skills.
At the University of Southern Indiana, our 100% online Master of Science in Sport Management program, comprised of 30 credit hours, is led by expert faculty members and practicing sports professionals who will equip you with the practical and theoretical knowledge to pursue an advanced career in sport management.
So, why should you choose USI’s graduate degree in sport management? Here are a few ways we stand out:
- Our sport management courses are 100% online, which means you can complete your studies degree on your schedule. Most of our online master’s degree in sport management students complete our program in just one year.
- Our program is known as one of the best Master of Science in Sport Management degrees in Indiana and is accredited by the Commission of Sport Management Accreditation.
- USI offers affordable tuition for both in-state and out-of-state students. In fact, we have six awards and scholarships available for online sport management master’s degree students — helping make your graduate degree an even more affordable investment.
The MSSM is ranked 10th in the nation as part of the Top 49 Online Sports Management Programs by Intelligent. Read more about the ranking by clicking here.
What Can You Do With a Master of Science in Sport Management?
An online master’s degree in sport management is an investment in your career, and that means you want results.
When you graduate from USI, know that we have a proven track record of helping aspiring professionals, like you, build a career in sport management. Some of our recent graduates now work with the San Francisco 49ers, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of New York Recreational Sports, YMCA of Greater Louisville, and many other colleges, schools, and sport equipment companies.
Learn more about where you might see yourself with an online sport management master’s degree.
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume/CV with the names and contact information of three references to your application account.
- Submit transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts are required only from the institution at which your highest degree was earned. Electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions attended can be submitted via email by the applicant to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed.
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- Read the full transcript policy by clicking here.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses within the MSSM are offered entirely online using a learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet access is required.
- Acquire knowledge and skills across a diverse set of professional environments.
- Gain the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Learn to work with diverse groups and organizations.
- Develop skills to promote equality and social justice from local to international levels.
- Learn to successfully engage with others as a professional in the sport industry.
Go Further with an Accredited Sport Management Program.
The Master of Science in Sport Management degree program at the University of Southern Indiana has received specialized accreditation through the Commission of Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Learn from leaders in the field
At USI, our online master’s degree in sport management faculty members bring vast knowledge and research expertise to your learning. Our industry-leading professors are changing our field through their work in physical education, sport diversity and gender, sport organizational behavior and sociology, and sport marketing. That means you’ll gain the practical and theoretical skills to succeed in your career in sport management.
Master of Science in Sport Management Curriculum
The MSSM requires 30 graduate credit hours. All courses within the MSSM are three credit hours and seven weeks long. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
Courses can be taken in an accelerated version, where students take two courses (six credit hours) per a seven-week term. The accelerated option allows students to finish the MSSM within one academic year.
MSSM students may also take courses in our alternative option, which allows students to take one course (three credit hours) per a seven-week term. The alternative option allows students to finish the MSSM within two academic years.
Required Courses (27 credit hours)
- SPTM 592 - Contemporary Issues in Sport and Exercise
- SPTM 604 - Sport Facility and Event Management
- SPTM 605 - Dimensions of Diversity and Society in Sport Organizations
- SPTM 633 - Sport Marketing
- SPTM 652 - Sport Budgets & Fiscal Practices
- SPTM 653 - Sport Law
- SPTM 664 - Research Methods and Statistics in Sport Management
- SPTM 688 - Strategic Sport Communication
- MNGT 611 - Leadership Skills and Innovation
Students will then select 1 (one) elective to finish the 30 hour requirement. To see which electives are available and when they are scheduled, refer to the Graduate Bulletin.
Build an advanced degree around your busy schedule
At USI, all our sport management courses are just seven weeks long. You can pursue coursework in an accelerated format and take two sport management courses per seven-week term — so you can graduate in just one year. If you prefer to take one course at a time, you’ll move into a rewarding career in sport management in two years.
Earn Your Sport Management Degree on Your Time
The Master of Science in Sport Management program at USI let's you learn on your schedule. Our courses being on an accelerated format means you don't have to wait to start advancing your career. We accept applications 6 times a year.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Need Your Bachelor's Degree First?
Check out our Bachelor of Science in Sport Management page below.