Attain Your Professional Goals With a Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration
You’re an experienced educator who loves being in the classroom, but maybe you’re ready to learn more about leadership opportunities outside the classroom.
At the University of Southern Indiana, our online Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration could be the perfect next step in your journey. Offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering and Education, our 100% online Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration is designed to prepare you for leadership roles in a school district near you.
Among online administration certificate programs, you’ll realize USI is unique. Why? While we offer three convenient start dates, you’ll benefit from a certification program that is the most affordable in Indiana — because all students pay our low in-state tuition.
You’ll love the flexibility of our online certificate in educational leadership and administration program. Each course takes seven weeks to complete, and you can:
- Finish coursework concurrently in as little as one year, followed by an internship.
- Follow our two-year plan by taking two classes each semester.
Learn how our online administration certificate program, accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), is transforming today’s educators into tomorrow’s leaders.
Tuition & Fees Get Started!
How Will Our Online Educational Leadership Certificate Change Your Future?
With our online administration certificate program, you can explore a wide variety of new career opportunities, including as a:
- Assistant principal
- Instructional coordinator
Your teaching experience — coupled with the real-world skills you’ll learn in our online administration certificate program — will set you up for success as an educational leader.
All applicants must have:
- A master's degree from a regionally-accredited institution with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher
- A valid Indiana teaching license
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher grade-point average at USI
- Earn a grade C or better in all required courses in the program
Note: At the conclusion of the program, appropriate content tests are required prior to applying for building-level administrator license.
- Submit an online application, $40 application fee, and a list of 3 references (names, relation to you, and email address). One must be an employment supervisor and the other two must be professional references.
- Upload the following to your application account:
- Your Indiana Teaching License number or provide an explanation as to why you wish to pursue this degree.
- A current resume/curriculum vitae. The file should be a PDF and use the following naming convention: First Name Last Name EDLA resume.pdf (example: Joe Smith EDLA resume.pdf)
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses are offered by blending desktop video conferencing and an online learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet, camera and microphone capabilities is required.
Program Curriculum for the Post-Master's Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration
The Post-Master's Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration is comprised of the following courses:
- EDUC 604 - Equity Education
- EDUC 680 - Internship for School Leaders*
- EDUC 681 - Foundations of Community-Based Education
- EDUC 683 - School Improvement Models and Processes
- EDUC 684 - Ethical and Legal Issues in Education
- EDUC 685 - Curriculum and Learning for Educational Leaders
- EDUC 686 - Management of Human Resources in the Principalship
- EDUC 687 - Finance and Facility Management for Principals
*EDUC 680 is a one (1) credit hour course taken three times for a total of three (3) credit hours.
Each of the courses above are three (3) credit hours unless stated otherwise.
A clear path to leadership
Most of our graduates are interested in pursuing a principalship or assistant principalship. After you complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration, you’ll be well-prepared to take the required licensure test. Once you pass the test and have the required teaching experience, you’ll be eligible for an Indiana Building Level Administrator license.
Learn from experienced leaders
At USI, you’ll learn from real-world educational leaders when you enroll in our online educational leadership certificate program. That’s because many of our instructors are also full-time teachers, instructional coaches, principals, administrators and superintendents. Our faculty members are passionate about helping students gain a foothold in leadership roles. You will meet with your teachers to discuss your career goals, the program options that best meet those goals and the ideal program of study for you.
Earn Your Graduate Certificate on Your Time
Our 100% online Post-Master's Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We have 3 starts a year, meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to completing your certificate.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Where Will Our Online Administration Certificate Program Lead You?
We make it affordable and convenient for you to realize your leadership dreams through our online educational leadership certificate.
Take the next step on your career path at the University of Southern Indiana. Start your online educational leadership certificate application or request more information today.