Certificate of Insurance
This section contains information about certificates of insurance, including certificate of insurance requests for events being hosted by USI and vendor requirements on certificates of insurance.
Certificate of Insurance Request Form
If you need to request insurance for an event you may be hosting, then fill out this form, which will be submitted to Risk Management for review (USI Employees Only).
While performing specified services under the Contract, the Vendor shall purchase and maintain the following standard insurance requirements. The Vendor shall include any subcontractor, or anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of them, or anyone for whose acts any of them may be liable.
- Commercial General Liability insurance with a minimum limit of $1,000,000 for each occurrence/$3,000,000 general aggregate. Coverage shall include bodily injury and property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability, products/completed operations, and liability assumed under an insured contract. Naming University of Southern Indiana as Additional Insured.
- Automobile Liability insurance covers liability arising out of any owned, hired, and non-owned vehicles with a minimum limit of $1,000,000 for each accident and Personal Injury Protection as required by statute. (For individual $100,000 per occurrence) Naming University of Southern Indiana as Additional Insured.
- Workers Compensation insurance (Coverage A, with limits statutorily required by the State of Indiana or any applicable Federal law) and Employers Liability insurance (Coverage B) with a minimum limit of $1,000,000.
- For limited vendors: $500,000 each per statute, per EL accident, per EL each employee, per EL disease policy limit. *
- Or the Current Worker’s Compensation Clearance Certificate for Independent Contractors must be provided.
IMPORTANT: *Any exceptions to the minimum required coverage listed, above must be approved by Risk Management before a Purchase Order is created. Please email the Vendor contract directly to USI1riskmgt@usi.edu.
Vendors shall provide a minimum of 30 days written notice to the University via certified mail of cancellation or non-renewal of policies required under the contract and a renewal certificate at least 15 days before expiration.
Additional Information for Vendors
Certificate of Insurance:
Insurance Coverages must be listed on the Acord 25 Certificate of Liability Insurance Form.
Certificate of Holder:
University of Southern Indiana or USI
8600 University Boulevard
Attn: Procurement/Risk Management
Evansville IN 47712
Certificates of Insurance may be emailed directly to USI1riskmgt@usi.edu, rather than mailing.
Update Vendor Information:
If you need to update your Vendor information (company name, contact name, email address, phone number, etc.), then please email Procureserv@usi.edu and copy USI1riskmgt@usi.edu.