These Benefits Last a Lifetime
- Get help with your college tuition with an Army ROTC Scholarship
- Gain experience you can’t find anywhere else
- Gain the respect of your peers and future employers
- Train to become a leader and manager
Legacy of Leadership
During classes, leadership labs, physical training and field training exercises, you will learn firsthand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and conduct missions as an Officer in the Army. Officers in the Army possess the skills necessary to lead others through the most challenging of circumstances. In USI Army ROTC you will learn to become a leader—not just a person who gives orders but a person who leads by example. Being an Officer in the U.S. Army means you’re a counselor, a strategist and a motivator. It’s similar to being a vital manager in a corporation. As an Officer, you will lead other Soldiers in all situations and adjust to environments that are always changing. You’ll be driven to achieve success with your team on every mission.
Unique Skills Development
The specific skills you receive in USI Army ROTC will include things like leadership development, military skills and adventure training. This will take place both in the classroom and in the field, but you will have a normal daily schedule like all college students. USI Army ROTC has two phases: Basic Course and Advanced Course.
Scholarships / Financial
Whether you’re a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, USI Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need.
Prominent ARMY ROTC Alumni
- Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- George C. Marshall, former Chief of Staff of the Army
- Samuel Alito, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
- Samuel Walton, founder of Walmart
- Lenny Wilkens, most wins as NBA coach