To be considered for admission to the dental assisting program, students must complete the following requirements:
- Acceptance to the University of Southern Indiana. To apply to the University, you must complete an admission application with USI Admission. Dental Assisting applications will be considered for admission after the student has applied and been accepted to the University.
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 scale).
- All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to beginning the Dental Assisting professional curriculum.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Completion of a Dental Office Observation Form. Candidates must complete 8 observation hours in a dental office that employs a dental assistant.
- Candidates for admission must be in good health and capable of fulfilling clinical practice requirements.
Submit an application to the USI Dental Assisting Program, along with the Dental Office Observation Form, by March 1st of the calendar year you desire admission to the program.
Gainful employment information, as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act, can be found by clicking on this link.