USI healthcare degrees bring results in the job market.
Get started on your path to a healthcare degree at the USI College of Nursing and Health Professions. Discover the wide range of health career options offered with our majors, including nursing, dental hygiene and dental assisting, food and nutrition, occupational therapy assistant, respiratory therapy, radiologic and imaging sciences, health services, diagnostic medical sonography and more.
Our graduates are equipped with the academic knowledge, clinical skills and professional values necessary for a dynamic career in healthcare. Students who earn degrees offered by our college consistently score above state and national averages on licensing exams. As a result, most of them report employment immediately upon graduation and report continued success in their healthcare fields.
All of our programs prepare you for the workforce by emphasizing:
- Hands-on clinical experience: You'll learn by doing at the College of Nursing and Health Professions, working alongside nurses and healthcare specialists in hospitals, clinics, social service agencies and other settings on and off campus.
- Low student-faculty ratio: Many of the classes are small in size, allowing for positive interaction between students and faculty.
- Superior faculty: Be inspired by our diverse and expert faculty, many with specialized credentialing in their professions and years of clinical experience.
- Academic support: We promote your success with a wide range of services, including an advising center, mentoring programs, tutoring and more.
- Graduate programs: In addition to our thriving undergraduate programs, the College of Nursing and Health Professions is also home to three master's degree programs - nursing, health administration and occupational therapy - and the only doctoral program on the USI campus, the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. Our faculty members use evidence-based practice, education, research, service and innovative technology to ensure that our post-secondary graduates meet community, regional and national healthcare needs.
- Lifelong learning: The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) has awarded its highest accreditation rating to the continuing education programs in the College of Nursing and Health Professions. We are proud of our global influence, with approximately 1,200 students from 59 countries enrolled in our online certificate programs to enhance their careers. In addition, approximately 18 healthcare-related conferences and workshops are held annually on the USI campus.
To find out how the USI College of Nursing and Health Professions can help you succeed in a healthcare career, contact USI Admission at 800-467-1965.
Step out of the classroom and into the world.
USI's College of Nursing and Health Professions offers students many opportunities beyond the classroom walls. Discover and learn about your career through undergraduate research, study abroad opportunities, service learning community projects and hands-on, clinical experiences and internships. You will gain experience working alongside healthcare professionals, building skills and references to help you stand out in the job market.
The College of Nursing and Health Professions features several healthcare facilities and learning centers, both on and off campus. They include:
- Three Community Health Centers, where nursing and healthcare students provide services to Evansville residents.
- USI's Dental Hygiene Clinic, which serves thousands of children and adults each year. All services are performed by students and are supervised and evaluated by dental hygiene faculty.
- The Center for Healthy Aging and Wellness, a service and research hub that partners with care providers throughout the region to promote best practices in the field of gerontology and prepare students to meet the unique needs of our aging population
- The high-tech Clinical Simulation Center, where nursing and healthcare students work on interdisciplinary teams in realistic scenarios.
- Dedicated Education Units at two local hospitals, where nursing students gain clinical experience while working with healtcare professionals.
Call USI Admission at 800-467-1965 for detailed information about the healthcare and nursing programs available through the USI College of Nursing and Health Professions.